• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.4?

12 posts in this topic

the corners all look good but the loose pieces in the slab look suspisious. Maybe there was a brittle page in the book and it flaked a little. If you buy or bought the book and are suspisious about the grade you might send it to CGC for another anaylasis.

I liked this book at first, but check out the two bottom corners and the "pieces" of pages floating inside the well. What do you all think, is this a 9.4?

World's Finest 168

That great big "9.4" in the upper left hand corner is a dead giveaway.

While FD is correct. If you resubmitted after cracking the case it'd come back a lower grade IMO. So if you would want to get rid of the floating piece and retain the 9.4 status I'd resubmit it without cracking it open. If you buy it that is.

I dunno. I'm usually not shy about pointing out CGC overgrades, but this book doesn't look far off the mark to me.

Sure the floaters look ugly, but I have seen much worse looking 9.4s. I would definately get it reslabbed just to get rid of the floaters which are probably remnants of corner tips from a few interior pages.

I would be a bit concerned about the paper quality given pieces appear to be chipping off.

I liked this book at first, but check out the two bottom corners and the "pieces" of pages floating inside the well. What do you all think, is this a 9.4?

World's Finest 168

That great big "9.4" in the upper left hand corner is a dead giveaway.

foreheadslap.gif

shy.gif

Looks like those floaters could have been caused by the well -- especially the one on the right.

Just more of Steve's "goodness" for the industry. foreheadslap.gif

what about the crease on the bottom right?

nice book otherwise, except for the paper that's falling apart. i would be hard pressed to call it more than a VF if it was not in a slab.