• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my MTU2

12 posts in this topic

Is that too many? I have lots of stuff. I'll shut down for a while if this is too many. Let me know.

Thanks,

Dennis

3 or 4 a day seems perfectly reasonable to me. That's what the forum is for afterall.

This looks like a 8.0/8.5 to me. Hard to see the LLC on the back cover, but it looks like it may be rounded.

No, no no... that's not too many. Just keep 'em coming Black Hawk. thumbsup2.gif

A few questions: what are those two dark bands running vertically on the middle of the front cover? Is that stain on the top edge of the book, visible on both covers, remnant of a distributor stripe? I also think I can see a very light stain near the top edge of the back cover, but I'm not sure. Can you confirm it?

Is that too many? I have lots of stuff. I'll shut down for a while if this is too many. Let me know.

Thanks,

Dennis

3 or 4 a day seems perfectly reasonable to me. That's what the forum is for afterall.

This looks like a 8.0/8.5 to me. Hard to see the LLC on the back cover, but it looks like it may be rounded.

I'll agree 8.0.....it's not rounded.....that's a bindery chip! sumo.gifstooges.gif

The stain on top is a remnant of a distributor stripe. Good eye. The stain on the back is again the distributor stripe. The vertical bands aren’t ink or pencil but appear to be some sort of pressure transfer from another book that was stored on top of this one.

Most of the books that I have posted and will be posting were stored in a couple of old Army footlocker for 20 years. Their condition may be a result of that. Also when I collected them I would read them.

I actively collected from about 1962 through 1978. I stopped collecting until about 1989. Then I started up again and stopped after the collapse in 1992. After college I looked up my elementry school buddy that I collected comics with and bought all of his old comics for a $100. Many of the books are were low grade but I did get Showcase 22, 23 & 24 in the deal.

At this time I can't get to many of my books as the are blocked by 2 1950's Buicks, but I'll keep posting.

The stain on top is a remnant of a distributor stripe. Good eye. The stain on the back is again the distributor stripe. The vertical bands aren’t ink or pencil but appear to be some sort of pressure transfer from another book that was stored on top of this one. Most of the books that I have posted and will be posting were stored in a couple of old Army footlocker for 20 years. Their condition may be a result of that. Also when I collected them I would read them.

Thanks for the additional info. This is a very nice looking comic. Everyone on this board will probably disagree with me but I will have to call it a 6.5 because of those vertical lines.