• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Batman 25

17 posts in this topic

CGC is very tough on creases of that size. Otherwise a super book! Sweet!
Thanks for some opinions on grading this book. I think Red Hooks comments are accurate when it comes to CGC grading. I had this book graded two years ago and to my shock came back a miserable 5.5 Blue label, white pages 893censored-thumb.gif. I thought myself the book was a 7.0 due to cover gloss, nice corners, excellent spine and white pages. The corner crease is noticeable but does not break. I have seen dime size pieces out on otherwise 8.0 books and still get a 7.0 grade. What would you rather have a small piece out on the cover or a corner crease? I have many Golden age Batmans graded in the 7.0 to 9.0 by CGC and still consider this book rated with these. I don't think a will slab this book again because the corner crease in CGC opinion just kills the book frustrated.gif