• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Other uses for microchamber paper?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone use their microchamber paper outside of their comic books? I also collect olds toys and was thinking of putting them in some of my toy boxes as well. Also, do you think it'll be beneficial to put a couple sheets on the bottom of an acid free comic box and possibly a couple more sheets on the top of the comic books? The books themselves are just in Mylites2 w/ Fullbacks, but no microchamber paper within the pages...I figure this would be an alternative to cover the whole box...

I think placing microchamber paper outside a mylar or sealed bag would be a waste. I would presume that these sheets don't have enough "capacity" to serve any effective purpose in an open environment. They'd just end up absorbing some offgassing from the comic box itself and the outside environment and have no positive effect on the comics inside the bags.

Bear in mind, the primary purpose of microchamber paper is to absorb the harmful offgassing from the paper in the comic ITSELF. Placing it outside the bag defeats this purpose.