• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Con Signature Series Newbie Question

3 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I’m very new to this process and I want to make sure I have everything prepared and ready to go.

I will be at Megacon later this month and I plan on getting some books signed and graded. 

With the intent of doing a signing event. Should I prepare a submission form in advance or is it ok to wait until the day of the con?

After I get my books signed and verified by a CGC rep, do I have to submit my book immediately or would I be able to hold on to it and submit it at a different con?

Thank you in advance for the help!

I do not believe you can hold it for a different convention but the process has changed on the overall hand off.  Let me start off by saying that I have never done it the previous way, so I do not know the specific there, only my current experience from Fan Expo Dallas yesterday.

Currently the CGC process is check in at the booth, get a witness, go to artist with the witness and get the signature (if the artist is unavailable or has a long line then the witness will give you an alternate form of contact to get him to return when ready), witness puts the comic or comics in a tamper-proof evidence bag and notates a circular signature sheet.  Once finished the witness will seal the bag and hand it back to you with the circular sheet included in the bag, this documents who was visited and how many signatures that person provided.  Then when you are ready to finalize your paperwork and hand everything over to CGC head back to the booth and they will get you squared away.

This takes ownership of them keeping your books, overnight for instance, in the event that you are getting something signed by multiple people and not all are available on the same day. 

I did this yesterday, I had Scott Williams sign something, had the witness seal the bag, then when it was time for Jim Lee's private signing at the same con I took the sealed bag to the facilitator for the signing and they cracked it open, went through the witnessed line and had the stuff signed, then back to the facilitator and they finalized the paperwork and will submit it to the CGC booth.