• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC,final authority?

13 posts in this topic

Is CGC the final authority on first appearances ect ect?

For example some think spiderman/deadpool 47 is Major x first appearance,some think Major x 1 is.

Some think Thor God of thunder is knull first appearance,and even on Ebay sell it as such,though CGC gives it no special distinction.Some think Venom 3 is knull first appearance.

Can anyone help?

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Absolutely not.  The final authority SHOULD be the publisher.

The corporation, the figurehead, or just some employee making a statement on their behalf? Actually, it doesn't matter because none of them are relevant.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

The corporation, the figurehead, or just some employee making a statement on their behalf? Actually, it doesn't matter because none of them are relevant.

Actually, I assumed there had to be some sort of archive department that is used for historical references, whether they be used in comic stories, or as material for MCU writers/producers/directors.  I can't imagine comic writers having to know the full breadth of knowledge of a characters background without there being someone in the background assisting with that.  I can't help but think back to one of the Tom King Batman issues where he flashes back to moments between Bruce and Selina and in some instances practically uses the same words verbatim.  I mean, maybe he remembered those moments from his own collection and referred back to digital copies.  Or maybe someone helped him.  hm

6 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Actually, I assumed there had to be some sort of archive department that is used for historical references, whether they be used in comic stories, or as material for MCU writers/producers/directors.  I can't imagine comic writers having to know the full breadth of knowledge of a characters background without there being someone in the background assisting with that.  I can't help but think back to one of the Tom King Batman issues where he flashes back to moments between Bruce and Selina and in some instances practically uses the same words verbatim.  I mean, maybe he remembered those moments from his own collection and referred back to digital copies.  Or maybe someone helped him.  hm

I would have to say someone helped him.

I know there is some story on Rob Liefield right now with major x that has him fuming over first appearances.

Also there is a galaxy of the guardians 13 from 1991 that clearly shows a cosmic ghost rider.

"What does it all mean,Basil?"lol (Austin Powers reference,so I dont sound crazy)