• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Collector's call" TV show on comics this Sunday night
2 2

62 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Mystery science 3000?

Svengoolie starts at 7 pm central, so probably 8 eastern, give it a shot on metv :)

I'm not sure when or if mystery science comes on....

svengoolie is like classic wolfman Dracula swamp thin and other monsters and such...

30 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Svengoolie starts at 7 pm central, so probably 8 eastern, give it a shot on metv :)

I'm not sure when or if mystery science comes on....

svengoolie is like classic wolfman Dracula swamp thin and other monsters and such...

Yeah I know I was just asking about Mystery science because I pretty much grew up on it lol

It doesn't come on regularly anywhere that I know. I did happen to come across it on the Syfy channel recently though. Svengoolie is kind of like meh

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah I know I was just asking about Mystery science because I pretty much grew up on it lol

It doesn't come on regularly anywhere that I know. I did happen to come across it on the Syfy channel recently though. Svengoolie is kind of like meh

I'll watch it from time to time, I haven't checked for mystery science....

They've started showing the 3 stoogee before wonder woman too lol

50 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@MGsimba77

Batmans next week!

Elvis was all shook up this week, with Mr Memphis...

CGC 4.0 couldn't pull the Deal!

A bunch of genuine nice people though! :headbang:

I expected the Batman to be saved for last. Yeah I thought he'd take the trade. Kind of disappointed they didn't mention CGC :frown:. They probably only show a fraction of these collections so I agree it should be an hour long. Anyway it's a great show great people!!

Looking forward to the Batman 🤟 

The show last week was decent about Ms. Garret :) 

Tonight is something about signatures, no not CGC Signature Series, I hear it may involve "Howdy Doody."

Only being a 30 minute show, they have extra clips they show on Facebook throughout the week that didn't make it to air time.

Great show for only 30 minutes of your time, and maybe fanboy over some things and learn about other things!

Captain kangaroo sig on a ping pong ball

Tons of nascar sigs on different items: Busch's Bevarian beer light up sign, model cars, with pics of people signing

A mechanical Ronald McDonald 

And a julie newmar sig :) on an action figure of catwoman box 

02/16/2020

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The show last week was decent about Ms. Garret :) 

Tonight is something about signatures, no not CGC Signature Series, I hear it may involve "Howdy Doody."

Only being a 30 minute show, they have extra clips they show on Facebook throughout the week that didn't make it to air time.

Great show for only 30 minutes of your time, and maybe fanboy over some things and learn about other things!

Hey @oakman29

Did you happen to catch collectors call on metv tonight?

They had the aurora movie monsters display case.... I want to say the value was $15-20000

It had egor or something putting a damsel on a table with bloody weapons all around....

From the 1960's

It had a hanging cage though in the display, and as much as it moved on the rope that suspended the cage, I'm surprised it didn't break after all this time...

Especially after it was said most of this collection was mint or mint in box...

32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey @oakman29

They had the aurora movie monsters display case.... I want to say the value was $15-20000

It had egor or something putting a damsel on a table with bloody weapons all around....

From the 1960's

It had a hanging cage though in the display, and as much as it moved on the rope that suspended the cage, I'm surprised it didn't break after all this time...

Collectors call isn't on yet in California,  but I will check it out. I do have alot of Aurora model kits unsealed, and am aware of the one you are describing.  I love that show.

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Collectors call isn't on yet in California,  but I will check it out. I do have alot of Aurora model kits unsealed, and am aware of the one you are describing.  I love that show.

Cool, let me know if I remembered the estimation 

I've blinked since then lol

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

The pricey years are 1961-64 

Well you might enjoy it as it had some other display stuff, one he wouldn't say the price he paid, didn't want the wife to know lol

12 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

The Mego toys in box are incredible on the commercial. 😬

I cleaned today my comic room and rearranged, I can only imagine what this guy went through to prepare for the show!

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey @oakman29

From the 1960's

2500.00 for the Aurora display. They are actually several kits in a display. The display box is worth more than the models.

10 hours ago, oakman29 said:

2500.00 for the Aurora display. They are actually several kits in a display. The display box is worth more than the models.

I had a feeling my memory on value was a little off (thumbsu

10 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Here is one of my favorite models in my collection .

20200405_215322.jpg

Awesome! Now that mego is back, pick up a Lisa Welch doll lol

She sincerely seems captivated when she interviews...

I didn't know "displays" would have a "box", it makes sense that they do, but they weren't really sold in store, right?

Not the displays at least?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, oakman29 said:

oh yeah Im a big MeTV fan, and have been watching Collectors call. Just an awesome show.

what time/day is it on in Los Angeles? I love MeTv! It's the only thing I watch unless my wife is around as I always forget password/way to get into Netflix and HBO and all that. At the halfway point of my wife explaining the remote controls (all three of them!) to the TV, I lose interest. Nothing on TeeVee is interesting enough for me to learn the remote controls.

32 minutes ago, NoMan said:

what time/day is it on in Los Angeles? I love MeTv! It's the only thing I watch unless my wife is around as I always forget password/way to get into Netflix and HBO and all that. At the halfway point of my wife explaining the remote controls (all three of them!) to the TV, I lose interest. Nothing on TeeVee is interesting enough for me to learn the remote controls.

Glad! Hope you watch the show :foryou: I do know it's "sunday's" not sure what time in LA though :shy: 

The Channel "buzzr" isn't bad either, it's like metv, has the Match Game and other Game Shows, that are great to watch or just leave on for background noise lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM