• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Heritage resub. Larson Marvel Mystery 7 CGC 8.5-->9.2

32 posts in this topic

I was just looking Larson pedigree books at Heritage and found these:

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 Larson pedigree CGC VF+ 8.5 Ended: July 3, 2002

It's now offered for sale again:

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 Larson Pedigree CGC NM- 9.2

It seems that Marvel Mystery comics are real good candidates for resubmitting. confused.gif

Do you actually think that YOUR books will get the same "special" consideration as books that are the PROPERTY of Heritage get, even if you submit through Heritage? It's STILL YOUR book, not Heritages. What are your affiliations with CGC/Heritage that you should get special consideration due? Ain't gonna happen, no way, no how.

I think I have to adjust my grading standards because I wouldn't even qualify that as a VF. Because of the stains I would give it at BEST a VF-. and because of the name printed on the cover, I would probably be generous with a F+.

am I too harsh?

I just love this comment:

"...light foxing, commonly found on comics from this pedigree."

So that's a good thing?

".... light sputz stains, commonly found on the Darth Diesel Cherry pedigree"

Wolverine 10.0 OW/W Bronze Common use 10 visa cards to buy. Marvel GA gem (Larsen pedigree), with some foxing....... priceless.

Didn't say it was a 9.2 but it is definitely a VF+ book and if people want to say it is a F then I am more than happy to pay F prices + a premium for them.

Hey! Isn't foxing mold? So a VF/NM book can be moldy? I got a moldy Action #1 I found in grandma's basement I ought to submit to CGC. I'll bet it grades a 10.2 and I can sell it on eBay for a million dollars.