• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION 1 THRU 10 ON A SINGLE EBAY AUCTION

58 posts in this topic

From the auction:

"Action Comics #1 [...] Book is in VG- condition with slight professional color touch, a few sealed tears, and is missing the centerfold. Pages are cream."

Man, coming from a 85 year-old guy with a brown lunch bag to carry his copies, the Action 1 mysterously appears with professional color touch. Can anyone explain to me how does this happen? and from the scan, why would anyone color touch a cover that tatty? confused.gif

Nice batch of books nonetheless.

i sold an action 1 in 1999 with slight color touch a few tear seals and a missing centerfold for 17k[which was a very good price at the time]] if youre looking for some sort of frame of reference...this was not the book however.....i would think this book is worth somewhere betwwen 17k and 21k...what are your feelings?

From the auction:

"Action Comics #1 [...] Book is in VG- condition with slight professional color touch, a few sealed tears, and is missing the centerfold. Pages are cream."

Man, coming from a 85 year-old guy with a brown lunch bag to carry his copies, the Action 1 mysterously appears with professional color touch. Can anyone explain to me how does this happen? and from the scan, why would anyone color touch a cover that tatty? confused.gif

Nice batch of books nonetheless.

Must have been the Gnomes in that "brown bag" that fixed it up. Were they the same Gnomes as "the under-wear" Gnomes from Southpark?!? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Step one: Steal Under-wear.

Step two: ______________

Step three: Make profit !

gossip.gif missing ingrediant is step # 2. makepoint.gif27_laughing.gif

I'd keep this collection and look for a centerfold, but that's just me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Neatstuff has some smoking books up for sale lately, they also have a Marvel #1 I believe.

Yeah, in addition to the Action 1-10, Marvel #1, and Supes #1 that were up yesterday, I just noticed they have a GA Green Lantern #1, GA Subby #1, and Marvel Mystery #2 up now also.

They also have a restored CGC 9.2 DETECTIVE #27 on eBay. hail.gif

Wow, you're right. I had assumed that was filter's book, so I didn't take note of the seller. Amazing group of books. Wonder if he picked them all up in SD.

I dont trust Neat Stuff as far as I can throw them, and how do so many copies in an "original owner" collection get to be restored". And why woudl anybody shop the San Diego Convention assortment of dealers and pick Neat Stuff to sell these to???

geddoudahere!! Can anybody confirm this cockamamie story??

Mike was at the Neatstuff booth in San Diego and he was making a few phone calls about a newly acquired Actions including a 1. I assume this be it. From the snippets I heard he may well have picked these up at the con.

One thing I find curious is that #1, 3, 4 and 5 are slabbed copies, but are not noted as such in the auction description. If all the books came from the same seller and are being re-sold as a group, why not submit every issue? It's not like the others aren't slab worthy.

Also, the Marvel Comics # 1 currently listed by NeatStuff is slabbed, but the auction description says:

"Attractive intact book, at least 7.0 condition GURAUNTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK, maybe better. Book has professional color touch. Pages are cream to off-white."

They use 7.0 in the listing title, but make no mention that it is a CGC graded book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Marvel Comics # 1 eBay Auction

were any other dealers talking about an offer of Action 1 - 10? Seems like others would have been given a shot at it. I mean, Mike doesnt really give off the most trustworthy up-and-up impression compared to many of the more buttoned down dealers in attendance.