• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
4 4

306 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2024 at 11:03 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Do you see a pattern here:

- Disney hires a bunch of clowns who proclaim loudly and arrogantly that they are going to revamp, improve on an already proven product, do it their way. This is the way.

- Disney gives them a ridiculous budget to achieve said goal(s).

- Show comes out and it’s yet another steaming turd.

- Fans voice their frustration with Disney’s poor track record/methods over the last few years, and rightfully so.

-Creators call fans bigots.
- Apologists run in to make excuses, feelings are hurt. Boo hoo. 

On 6/12/2024 at 1:05 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I think we are now at the point that anything with the Disney logo and some people (certainly not here :hi:) look to find ways to dislike something because of an underlying potential message or mindset

People want to make sure that their beliefs aren't questioned by the things they like or dislike

the shows and movies have become more about political stances (and Disney is somewhat to blame for that) than about the content on the show

The fundamentals are bad, and they're bad on a beloved franchise.   

An average episode of the A-Team hung together better than this show.   

Episode 3 is tonight, are the internet rumors true or is it all just youtube clickbait?  :yeehaw:

On 6/6/2024 at 10:15 PM, I like pie said:

All of that aside, what does have to do with pre-judging a completely new series, 1-2 episodes in? No one really cares about your opinion at that point, when you're so closed minded.

There's no logical reasoning. "I hate Disney Star Wars" just because, isn't valid. Ahsoka was a hard 8.5/10 but you seem so sour, I'd suggest skipping any SW future content forever.

Awesome rebuttals. 

Great way to debate.  Just castaway all of my points.  :wavingwhiteflag:

All of that aside. lol Star Wars The Acolyte is heading towards being the lowest Disney+ show of all time, and it deserves it.

Currently sitting at 25% on RT. 

Enough with the female dominate lead stuff, please, no one cares. Why is this so important of a message/theme here that it has to be pointed out over and over again? I couldn’t get through the whole episode as they expanded on an already garbage plot line (that’s actually bordering on creepy). What made this the best episode so far? Actually don’t bother answering this series is junk. 

On 6/11/2024 at 9:51 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Enough with the female dominate lead stuff, please, no one cares. Why is this so important of a message/theme here that it has to be pointed out over and over again? I couldn’t get through the whole episode as they expanded on an already garbage plot line (that’s actually bordering on creepy). What made this the best episode so far? Actually don’t bother answering this series is junk. 

You have the attention span of a 5 year old. 

To be transparent, I completely despised the sequels films. You can look up my comments here about it. I'm in no way a Disney fan boy but to see people judging a show two episodes in an eight show series for no other reason than they just hate Disney(or women?), makes me sick to my stomach.

Stop whining and watch something else.

I finally finish watching the first two episodes a couple of days ago and I fell asleep again. (shrug) I didn't even know that tonight was the third episode. I guess I really don't care anymore. :frown: The worst part is that my four boys feel the same.

On 6/12/2024 at 1:53 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

Gave the 3rd episode a chance.  

Why was it considered so awful that the girl didn't want to stay part of the lesbian witch tribe?

Only thing I can think is there is some dark side stuff at play that the coven did not want any hint of leaking out. The twins were 

Spoiler

Created

Which strongly, at least to me, points to Darth Plagueis (Palpatine’s master) being involved. If so, it’s possible one of them was supposed to be his apprentice at some point, and he wanted his choice 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I just finished Ep 1 & 2 and I enjoyed them.  The fight scenes were well done and I didn't feel bored in either episode.  It has a ways to go before I would consider it great but I'm enjoying it so far.

On 6/12/2024 at 9:29 AM, 1Cool said:

I just finished Ep 1 & 2 and I enjoyed them.  The fight scenes were well done and I didn't feel bored in either episode.  It has a ways to go before I would consider it great but I'm enjoying it so far.

That's the general consensus, across the board, so far. I'm curious though, how many critics go back and change their reviews if it turns out to be "Just ok".

They only got to see the first four episodes and gave it rave reviews. I really don't understand why reviews are given before watching the entire show.

On 6/12/2024 at 10:38 AM, I like pie said:

I really don't understand why reviews are given before watching the entire show.

...because this is the age of the 15-minute attention span and the reviewers want their 15 minutes of fame.

It's all about ME ME ME.