• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the Heck???

21 posts in this topic

he had to make up the money lost on this item blush.gif but atleast the book does appear to be graded properly. but here's a twist, do you think that this book was a book that he won here? shocked.gif not to mention he's a coin seller as well, we got ourselves a double agent kids. wink.gifgrin.gif

I'm not sure what you saw at the bottom left corner because there is not an enlarged picture which shows a close up of that corner, but check out the close-up of the back of the book. One of the corners looks darker, almost as if it were a liquid stain. blush.gif Then check out the close-up picture that shows Hulk & Thor the best. Check out the upper left portion of that scan. I feel bad for the person that won because I think they might be in for a big disappointment. frown.gif

OK, you guys have to admit, this HG BS is getting out of hand. I'm glad I'm staying away from it. Whenever things seem too good to be true, and the sky is the limit, the crash is right around the corner. This reminds me of the people who were buying Amazon.com stock for $300/share. "It's only going to go up," they said. Glad I stayed away from that one too.

I get what you're saying, but everytime some nut job makes a stupid purchase, it's just used as ammunition to knock the entire HG market. Not all HG buyers are that stupid, and not all of them are going to lose money either.

But JC you did say this book had some investment potential. tongue.gif

Obviously some people don't know where to draw the line. crazy.gif Truly insane stuff.

What is going on with this crazy bidding on high grade raw books? blush.gifcrazy.gif Don't they realise that the good ship CGC has long since sailed.................

is that a significant book?

would a CGC 9.8 of the same copy fetch the same price?

Defenders 10 has a classic Thor vs Hulk battle cover and it is regarded as the 2nd "highest premium paid for" issue out of the Defenders run (excluding the Marvel Features 1-3). A CGC 9.4 of this book would be around $250 - $300 depending on the particular players on that auction. And a 9.6 would probably be in the $550-$600s? Maybe my valuation is off there...Defenders 10 CGC 9.8 may be a sleeper....