• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COA Conern

7 posts in this topic

if your buying a comic and want to be 100% sure it was stan lee who signed it get a CGC Signature Series comic (yellow label) there is a process of CGC reps watching the comic get signed and taking ownership right after to prevent tampering there's a whole section that talks about this etc.. I love doing the CGC SS comics myself its some of the fun I have running around at cons meeting the artists and writers and getting them to sign my book, 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Krishosein
added random internet search CGC SS stan lee image

Just now, Krishosein said:

if your buying a comic and want to be 100% sure it was stan lee who signed it get a CGC Signature Series comic (yellow label) there is a process of CGC reps watching the comic get signed and taking ownership right after to prevent tampering there's a whole section that talks about this etc.. I love doing the CGC SS comics myself its some of the fun I have running around at cons meeting the artists and writers and getting them to sign my book, 

This.

49 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

This +1

^Plus 2

I got a ASM 97 signed by Stan a couple years back. A friend was able to get down to the Fan Expo in Toronto and have it signed for me. It came with the Stan Lee certificate so if you are wondering what one should look like, I can send you a picture. Mind you, someone could probably fake it is they wanted to. This book is staying with me forever with no selling intentions which is why I didnt care to have CGC witness or grade it. Maybe I should have but to me, it was just cool to add Lee's signature on a book also signed by Kane. 

note that there will likely be a difference in price of a comic with a given COA vs the price of a CGC SS comic.  The price difference will vary with the brand of COA, the comic, the grade of the comic, and possibly other factors.  But it is up to each individual to do his/her own research into the price differences and weigh them against his/her own personal collection and financial preferences to make the decision for themselves.  Of course taking the time to that research also might have time/financial value to a given individual.  Good luck.

37 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

^Plus 2

I got a ASM 97 signed by Stan a couple years back. A friend was able to get down to the Fan Expo in Toronto and have it signed for me. It came with the Stan Lee certificate so if you are wondering what one should look like, I can send you a picture. Mind you, someone could probably fake it is they wanted to. This book is staying with me forever with no selling intentions which is why I didnt care to have CGC witness or grade it. Maybe I should have but to me, it was just cool to add Lee's signature on a book also signed by Kane. 

I think I was at the same event a few years back and got 2 books signed by him in person and had it CGC SS it was a great and fun moment to meet Stan and have him sign stuff mind you they were pushing the line through but I did do a photo op where I got to shake his hand which was cool.