• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth Grading?

6 posts in this topic

I've got myself a certified authentic copy of Spider-Man: Blue #1 (2002) signed by John Romita. It looks to be in very good condition. I suspect it'd grade above a 9, but I've never gotten any comics graded and I haven't ever seen any graded version of this book for sale before. Has anyone ever seen a graded version of this book sell? Would it be worth the money it costs to grade the comic?

Attached is an image of said comic.

spiderman.png

Edited by LukeRose
Wanted to add a photo

There's one on Ebay CGC old label 9.6 for $35 BIN. To grade is up to you as I grade to preserve and protect my comics so I can view them safely without risk of dropping them (clumsy) and getting a impacted corner etc.. plus they look pretty in slabs … :cloud9:lol 

if your slabbing for re-sale your probably better off flipping it raw as the signature was unwitnessed so you might get a Green label which usually doesn't command the same value as a blue label with the same grade. 

If you are grading to keep for protective purposes, then maybe.  Only if you are ok with it being a Green label as the signature was unwitnessed and would not be considered authentic for CGC grading purposes.

If you are grading in hopes to sell, then no.