• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 20% off lowest marked price, thread closes in ~7 minutes
2 2

68 posts in this topic

All-American Men of War #94, 5.0, $18

An oft-repeated mid-air scene, few did it as well as Russ Heath. A classic cover with Kanigher writing and editing inside. If you dig Big 5 war now and then and don't have a copy, you'll be pleased with this one. Actually, I just want to sell it. So there it is. But it, maybe?

aamow_94a.jpg

aamow_94b.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid
clarity

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:

All-American Men of War #94, 5.0, $18

An oft-repeated mid-air scene, few did it as well as Russ Heath. A classic cover with Kanigher writing and editing. If you dig Big 5 war now and then and don't have a copy, you'll be pleased with this one. Actually, I just want to sell it. So there it is. But it, maybe?

I was lucky enough to have Russ Heath sign my copy at a show. It came back an 8.0. One of the great war covers!

:news: SOLD! Battle-Ground #3, 3.0, $30
Another classic Heath cover. You know that saying, "Looks can be deceiving"? Welll, wait until you get a load of the spine. There's a 2" split at the bottom. The staples are hanging in there despite separating on the back cover. You know the type: nice colors, leave in the mylar, handle with care. :) 

Spoiler

battle-ground3a.jpg

battle-ground3b.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Battle-Ground #3, 3.0, $30
Another classic Heath cover. You know that saying, "Looks can be deceiving"? Welll, wait until you get a load of the spine. There's a 2" split at the bottom. The staples are hanging in there despite separating on the back cover. You know the type: nice colors, leave in the mylar, handle with care. :) 

battle-ground3a.jpg

battle-ground3b.jpg

:takeit:

:news: SOLD! Battle 34, 2.5, $20
What can I say about this low grade love nugget? It's got wrinkles, short creases, long creases, spine wear, smudges, chips out, edge staining, and cream to off-white interiors. It's beat, it's complete, and it's structurally better than the last one above. Will it give you satisfaction? I dunno. Do you love comics? Do you think ALL comics deserve to be loved? Do you think these two dudes look pretty cool?

Spoiler

battle-34a.jpg

battle-34b.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Battle 34, 2.5, $20
What can I say about this low grade love nugget? It's got wrinkles, short creases, long creases, spine wear, smudges, chips out, edge staining, and cream to off-white interiors. It's beat, it's complete, and it's structurally better than the last one above. Will it give you satisfaction? I dunno. Do you love comics? Do you think ALL comics deserve to be loved? Do you think these two dudes look pretty cool?

battle-34a.jpg

battle-34b.jpg

:takeit:- I'll give it love

:news: SOLD! Wings Comics 122, 5.0, $27

I didn't record what I paid, and I am too lazy to go look for comps. This does not lie flat. I'll go outside to take additional pics in a moment. If you think the colors look good now, just wait until you see these next pics. (And the waviness, but look at the colors! the colors! ???)

Spoiler

wings-comics-122.jpg

wings-comics-122b.jpg

IMG_20190630_152026.jpg

IMG_20190630_152113.jpg

IMG_20190630_152158.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

20 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Wings Comics 122, 5.0, $27

I didn't record what I paid, and I am too lazy to go look for comps. This does not lie flat. I'll go outside to take additional pics in a moment. If you think the colors look good now, just wait until you see these next pics. (And the waviness, but look at the colors! the colors! ???)

wings-comics-122.jpg

wings-comics-122b.jpg

IMG_20190630_152026.jpg

IMG_20190630_152113.jpg

IMG_20190630_152158.jpg

Take it.

Page 1

• Cole #10, 4.5, LBCole cover, $55.00 $48 NOW $35
  • White Rider and Super Horse #6, 6.0, LB Cole cover, $100 $80 NOW $60
  • Sport Thrills #14, 7.0, LB Cole cover, $100 $85 NOW $65
  • Air Ace (v2) #3, 6.0, Lloyd Jacquet file copy (no COA available), Gerber 7 $55 $45 $30

Page 3

• All-American Men of War #94, 5.0, $18 NOW $14

• Strange Adventures 219, now an undercopy, 7.0, $6 NOW $5

• War Adventures 11, 4.0, $30 NOW $24