• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storing thicker comics?

6 posts in this topic

First time poster here so if this has already been answered then apologies in advance!

So a few weeks ago, I started collecting my first few comics, and started with a few of my favourites which are the DC Rebirth.

Normally, if they are just 1 volume, I can easily bag and board them fine, however with these bigger comics then collect multiple volumes within them (such as Flash War Vol 8 by Joshua Williamson, this becomes a problem, since putting the board and the thicker comic book in 1 bag will cause the book to flex in the bad, which clearly isnt good for storage. 

I was just wondering how other people go about storing these thicker comics? as i dont want to wreck their condition.

Thank you!

I am not to familiar with current or modern books but it sounds like you might need a larger bag and board to the comic has room. if the modern or current bags and boards are doing this I would suggest trying a Silver age bag and board but you don't want it to lose as it could move around and cause all kinds of damage. but there are varying board thickness and bag sizes. you can google them to see the different sizes etc. 

There are also a ton of threads and info on the different bags and sites that others use such as E. gerber or BCW, etc.. 

http://www.egerber.com/

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/comic-book-storage/comic-bags

Also welcome to the board. 

lol didn't realize he was talking about trade paperbacks or hard covers. in that case bookshelf or a box if you want to protect them. I don't think I've ever seen a bag or board for trade paperbacks. they might have dust cover jacks in plastic maybe. try searching amazon as you find everything there lol.

16 hours ago, Krishosein said:

lol didn't realize he was talking about trade paperbacks or hard covers. in that case bookshelf or a box if you want to protect them. I don't think I've ever seen a bag or board for trade paperbacks. they might have dust cover jacks in plastic maybe. try searching amazon as you find everything there lol.

All I did was look up "Flash War Vol. 8" and it's a typical TPB. Like all of the DC Rebirth ones I've been buying.

I've had them shipped to me in nice plastic bags (that are over-sized and taped to fit), but there's literally no reason to keep them bagged, and/or board them.