• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Is the Rarest DC Key?

16 posts in this topic

I was looking at a few dealers lists, and noticed that BATMAN #1 is available from multiple sources and is(relatively speaking)fairly plentiful for a major Golden Age key book that commands tens of thousands of dollars. What would be considered the rarest DC Key GA, not counting the pre-hero books. I know that ALL AMERICAN #16 is pretty rare. How about SENSATION #1? ALL STAR #3? I'd love to know from someone with experience buying major books like this how scarce they are. popcorn.gif

the rarest d.c key is THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS[in any grade]

it is rarer than any of the early new fun series,which is scarce to rare from 1 to 6.

double action 2 is rare but i dont know if you want to call it a key..

i would say the rarest comicbook[modern from 1933] of any publisher would be famous funnies series 1[not famous funnies number 1] its so rare you will only see it in gerber which he rates a 10!

ive seen 3 in 25 years..

the rarest d.c key is THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS[in any grade]

it is rarer than any of the early new fun series,which is scarce to rare from 1 to 6.

double action 2 is rare but i dont know if you want to call it a key..

i would say the rarest comicbook[modern from 1933] of any publisher would be famous funnies series 1[not famous funnies number 1] its so rare you will only see it in gerber which he rates a 10!

ive seen 3 in 25 years..

which cover is that? The one with the golfer? or the one broken into panels??

the one with the golpher is famous funnies #1,which is not the book im referring to..the one with the panels is famous funnies series 1[look in gerber,its the only place you will ever see it..earnie gives it a 10 on his index...the historical significance of famous funnies series 1 is that it is the 1st modern comic ever sold..id like to point out that funnies on parade was a give away.famous funnies series 1 was only sold in department stores[not on a newsstand]a 35000 print run.

after the sucess of this book it was decided to run the comic on the newstand,which the first was famous funnies #1[the one with the golfer..

I personally think detective 27 or adventure 40 in high grade are the rarest fir DC key books

If you're going to factor in grade, then All American #16 is way more rare than either of these in HG.

I personally think detective 27 or adventure 40 in high grade are the rarest fir DC key books

If you're going to factor in grade, then All American #16 is way more rare than either of these in HG.

I would second that All-American #16 is very rare, especially above Fine.

the one with the golpher is famous funnies #1,which is not the book im referring to..the one with the panels is famous funnies series 1[look in gerber,its the only place you will ever see it..earnie gives it a 10 on his index...the historical significance of famous funnies series 1 is that it is the 1st modern comic ever sold..id like to point out that funnies on parade was a give away.famous funnies series 1 was only sold in department stores[not on a newsstand]a 35000 print run.

after the sucess of this book it was decided to run the comic on the newstand,which the first was famous funnies #1[the one with the golfer..

cool. thats the one I have...I always get them confused. smile.gifacclaim.gif

its not a VF though...

Action 242. Only once have I seen a high-grade copy and the pages were tan.

There's a VF 8.0 in the census, but the census is alarmingly sparse given the significance of that book. I've never seen a high grade copy before. What grade was the one you saw?