• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which in your collection do you have more. marvel or dc art. ?

42 posts in this topic

hi. i was going thru a few pages of my collection. i saw that i have more dc comic art than marvel comic pages. i had to wonder was it the fact i grew up reading dc comics more than marvel books.

or was it just an favorite artist / inker thing going after certain guys compare to book titles, or just buying what i could afford at the time. . while deep down i always will be a dc fan marvels are cool too.

it just i think as a kid reading those 12 and 15 hom. or brave & bolds books with the great adams art or the green lanterns that was great stuff. it brings a big smile to my face. anyone remember from hom books the old friday the 13th club. or plop. ;] larry

I have always liked Marvel heroes since the time I was a kid.

I grew up reading Captain America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Avengers and Spider-Man, so I guess those are my favorite characters...

More recently, I have gotten more into DC comics, mostly Green Lantern and Flash. As a matter of fact, I purchased a piece of art from GL Rebirth #6 from Ethan Van Sciver at a signing, but DC sent that page by mistake to the inker instead of to Ethan, and they're trying to find the page now. I'm just hoping the inker didn't sell it somebody else. At any rate, since I had already paid for the page, Ethan says that if the page doesn't turn out, I can pick a different page from Rebirth at WW Boston. So, in the next 2 months, I should have at least 1 piece of DC art.

Yeah I was bummed that Ethan didn't receive that page from DC. It was supposed to be the first page of Rebirth #6, the page right before Hal punched Batman...

Oh well, I still have hope of getting that page... If not, I'll be happy with another page by him, he's an amazing artist I think.

A woman at my LCS got the Rebirth cover that had Green Arrow on it, now THAT was an amazing piece of art, covers are too pricey for me though...

I have mostly DC pages and covers. Almost all of my Marvel stuff I've traded off for MORE DC art. I love 1980s DC covers. You can check out my measly collection of art by clicking on this link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=3650

I think I've got about 100 pages of art there and I'm supposed to get eight more DC covers this week and one Marvel cover.

Mike B.

wow. it looks like a lot of love for dc here on the board.collecting wise. really cool. larry

I'm limited in what I can buy, so I buy almost exclusively modern art. I'm not a big fan of anything at Marvel these days (other than The Ultimates), so I buy mostly DC stuff.

It's more a monetary issue for me. I'd love to own some Kirby FF pages or Romita Spidey's. They're just too far out of my price range. (But, I'd probably buy a Watchmen page before I bought any of those grin.gif).

Almost all Marvel. Think I have only two DC pages, one is a Giffen Legion page from the Great darkness Saga the other is a Batman splash by Cockrum. I read mostly Marvels growing up so only a few DC books have an emotional attachment for me

Good news!

Ethan told me today that the missing page from Green Lantern: Rebirth #6 had been found, and that DC had sent it to his art dealer!!! smile.gif

Hopefully now that it has appeared, I'll get it within the next week and I'll be able to scan it!!

That makes my first page of DC art!