• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Collection

49 posts in this topic

Some sweet books, but blurry digital pix instead of scans??? foreheadslap.gif
Some people will be disappointed, as some of them that I viewed in SD aren't the strongest examples of the grade and some must have had SCS damage! foreheadslap.gif

Some sweet books, but blurry digital pix instead of scans??? foreheadslap.gif
Some people will be disappointed, as some of them that I viewed in SD aren't the strongest examples of the grade and some must have had SCS damage! foreheadslap.gif

You better listen to him, fellows,.....or he'll PM you to death !!! makepoint.gif

poke2.gif

What books looked overgraded?
I didn't check all of them but some of the ones that I were interested in weren't that great. Luckily, I remember which ones to avoid but most of the CGC books weren't in SD so who knows. frown.gif

Agreed, the pics really suck.

My goodness, not only that but there are typos galore, and even misplaced words. Also I think it would have been wise to state a previous (or still ongoing) other Ebay username used by the same sellers for feedback comparison as some may not trust this "new" zero feedback seller. Man, these guys could have done better with the listings, especially those pictures..... foreheadslap.gif

And on a related note, for those of us that bought a boatload of these raw books, any opinions on if selling any at the same time as these certified copies would be helpful or harmful? Sell now or down the road? Some of what I bought I will keep, some sold raw and some going to CGC. With the raw books I was thinking of selling after Chicago unless they are to be overshadowed by these slabs.

I didn't check all of them but some of the ones that I were interested in weren't that great. Luckily, I remember which ones to avoid but most of the CGC books weren't in SD so who knows. frown.gif

So, how would you rate this ped with some of the other silver age peds? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My goodness, not only that but there are typos galore, and even misplaced words. Also I think it would have been wise to state a previous (or still ongoing) other Ebay username used by the same sellers for feedback comparison as some may not trust this "new" zero feedback seller. Man, these guys could have done better with the listings, especially those pictures..... foreheadslap.gif

And on a related note, for those of us that bought a boatload of these raw books, any opinions on if selling any at the same time as these certified copies would be helpful or harmful? Sell now or down the road? Some of what I bought I will keep, some sold raw and some going to CGC. With the raw books I was thinking of selling after Chicago unless they are to be overshadowed by these slabs.

Apparently they just want to sell all the CGC books by a certain date so they are just going to list a bunch every week until they are all sold. Too bad they didn't have a master list yet of the CGC books! foreheadslap.gif It would help to know what's available for the future before I bid on a book! Christo_pull_hair.gif

So, how would you rate this ped with some of the other silver age peds? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Low because right now, it's mainly 70s and later and a smattering of earlier books. It's not going to have any major keys, as the original collection started in 1966. I don't really care about the pedigree status but more concerned about that they do have some books that I would like to purchase. Some of them you just don't see that often. That's the beauty of the collection, as he bought practically everything.

I agree. Greg--who did you said was doing the books on consignment? Send 'em a note and improve the pics. Grades this nice you really want to show 'em off. Not interested in the books this week but I see some Ghosts books in the census have some new 9.8 books---hoping it is from this collection 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I agree. Greg--who did you said was doing the books on consignment? Send 'em a note and improve the pics. Grades this nice you really want to show 'em off. Not interested in the books this week but I see some Ghosts books in the census have some new 9.8 books---hoping it is from this collection 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Steve Wyatt...aka moonball. The problem is that the pics for his own auctions is the same so I doubt that they will change anything. Apparently Don just wants the books offered ASAP to the masses and let the market decide. At least they are starting the books at guide for 9.4s, double for 9.6s, and 4 times for 9.8s. Dunno why there are some 9.2s, as the prescreen was supposed to be at 9.4. confused-smiley-013.gif