• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Firsts: Walking Dead #1 possible worth??

12 posts in this topic

I’m new to comics but had picked up this Image Firsts: Walking Dead #1 a few years ago. 

Just trying to get a feel for what it may be worth. 

Didn’t know if the Image firsts made it not worth as much. 

Any help appreciated!

1EEF5CFC-6B0A-4603-A89F-05C89006FBF9.jpeg

C63E2B4B-E0F7-4BD7-8027-424D84193E75.jpeg

^$350!?!!?

Honestly, I think that is way off base. CGC 9.8's unsigned have sold for as low as $11 and as high as $40. The signature could add a bit of value for those who like stuff signed by Kirkman. I wouldn't consider his autograph that rare so for me, your book has a value in the $50-75 range at best.

3 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

^$350!?!!?

Honestly, I think that is way off base. CGC 9.8's unsigned have sold for as low as $11 and as high as $40. The signature could add a bit of value for those who like stuff signed by Kirkman. I wouldn't consider his autograph that rare so for me, your book has a value in the $50-75 range at best.

'tree fiddy' is a common sarcastic answer given that doesn't really mean anything one way or another.  Without taking the effort to look anything up myself, I would say your answer is reasonable.

But generally, if one was looking for values, they could look up 'sold' values on ebay or GPA (a paid service which tracks CGC sale prices)

usually reprints don't hold the same value as the original. So tree fidy lol but you should look up completed Ebay sales as mentioned by @revat but I would guesstimate 200$ because of the signature. 

yeah modern books really do go up and down in value easily and quickly. I feel like buying modern books for financial value is like taking a ride on a roller coaster. 

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

yeah modern books really do go up and down in value easily and quickly. I feel like buying modern books for financial value is like taking a ride on a roller coaster. 

A more accurate comparison would be:

Like jumping off the roof of a hotel.