• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Marvel 2
1 1

41 posts in this topic

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Being that this is a forum for comic book and movie fans, maybe we need more fanaticism and less facism.

Not when you use that to counter any dislike or disappointment in a film or actor performance by accusing fellow forumites of sexism or limited mental abilities because their excitement differs from yours.

And you have done that more than once. All for the sake of trying to push the view Captain Marvel must be one of the greatest MCU films ever released - OR BUST!

47 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Not when you use that to counter any dislike or disappointment in a film or actor performance by accusing fellow forumites of sexism or limited mental abilities because their excitement differs from yours.

And you have done that more than once. All for the sake of trying to push the view Captain Marvel must be one of the greatest MCU films ever released - OR BUST!

I've never said that Captain Marvel is the greatest MCU film ever. I've only said it's maybe my favorite. If someone doesn't like the Captain Marvel movie, that's fine and I'll probably debate that person because that's what you do in a place like this and I mostly do with reason and facts or educated opinions. But I am smart enough to sense an anti-diversity anti-SJW attack on Captain Marvel when I read one and I'm within my rights to debate in the character''s defense as long as I stay within the guidelines, which I admit I've breached a few times and I've been accordingly warned by moderators so I try to moderate it. Are you going to deny that Captain Marvel is free of people who hate the character, the movie, and the actress for political reasons? Because there is a legion of trolls out there with an agenda against the character for just that. The troll bomb of her Rotten Tomatoes score before the movie was even released, the hundred or so YouTube videos attacking the same before the movie was released. The Alita movement, to see Alita multiple times and boycott Captain Marvel, was created by a well known and infamous political person who has no business butting his head into comic book culture other than for anti-diversity reasons. You really think the CGC forum is such a pure and goody goody place that it's free of such unadulterated hate? Answer: It's not.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I've never said that Captain Marvel is the greatest MCU film ever. I've only said it's maybe my favorite. If someone doesn't like the Captain Marvel movie, that's fine and I'll probably debate that person because that's what you do in a place like this and I mostly do with reason and facts or educated opinions. But I am smart enough to sense an anti-diversity anti-SJW attack on Captain Marvel when I read one and I'm within my rights to debate in the character''s defense as long as I stay within the guidelines, which I admit I've breached a few times and I've been accordingly warned by moderators so I try to moderate it. Are you going to deny that Captain Marvel is free of people who hate the character, the movie, and the actress for political reasons? Because there is a legion of trolls out there with an agenda against the character for just that. The troll bomb of her Rotten Tomatoes score before the movie was even released, the hundred or so YouTube videos attacking the same before the movie was released. You really think the CGC forum is such a pure and goody goody place that it's free of such unadulterated hate? Answer: It's not.

emotion01.gif.ad42ac24de3ea3df37891a7975280450.gif

See, we would be in agreement on some taking it to extremes against the movie if it wasn't for many months watching you getting overly excited whenever anyone even hints to they did not care for the Captain Marvel movie or Brie Larson's performance in the film (and I am a fan of her other performances in Scott Pilgrim, Kong: Skull Island and other films by the way). So I post in this thread to recognize she is getting ready for Captain Marvel too and what does your over-sensitive mental state assume? I must not be that excited.

13 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Why not the entire YouTube video of the Cap-tastic Marvel-ous Brie Larson...

Plus I think the regular discussions have been happening in that other Captain Marvel 2 thread.

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

"Why not the entire YouTube video of..." (Because the link contains just the CM bit of the whole video, but Ms. Larson is the living embodiment of Capt Marvel so it's all relevant)

"...the CAPTASTIC..." (As in Brie Larson aka Capt Marvel is so awesome she deserves all caps)

"...Marvelous Brie Larson..." (She's all that)

And there's another Captain Marvel 2 thread where most of the recent discussions have been happening regarding the upcoming sequel.

That's not being a fan. That's being a fanatic along with also being disruptive to decent discussion when even in the Wonder Woman 1984 thread you over-correct anyone that may not be as fanatical as you over the film. That's not a healthy state of mind to be in.

I appreciate you loving the film. I can kind of understand how it can be a letdown when folks may be seen as going out of their way to hurt the film's image, or even the actress. But not to the extremist level where you accuse people of being anti-women. You just didn't pull that out of your bag of tricks with Sharon when she noted falling asleep during the film because 1) a female board member and 2) over the years she has shared stories of dealing with sexism in her business. You would have been called out by many if you tried those games.

Be a fan. Love what you love. But cut the 'DC vs MCU' garbage. And assuming Captain Marvel moviegoers that didn't like the film are sexists or trolls. Heads up - YOU ARE A TROLL WITH THESE TOPICS.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I've never said that Captain Marvel is the greatest MCU film ever. I've only said it's maybe my favorite. If someone doesn't like the Captain Marvel movie, that's fine and I'll probably debate that person because that's what you do in a place like this and I mostly do with reason and facts or educated opinions. But I am smart enough to sense an anti-diversity anti-SJW attack on Captain Marvel when I read one and I'm within my rights to debate in the character''s defense as long as I stay within the guidelines, which I admit I've breached a few times and I've been accordingly warned by moderators so I try to moderate it. Are you going to deny that Captain Marvel is free of people who hate the character, the movie, and the actress for political reasons? Because there is a legion of trolls out there with an agenda against the character for just that. The troll bomb of her Rotten Tomatoes score before the movie was even released, the hundred or so YouTube videos attacking the same before the movie was released. You really think the CGC forum is such a pure and goody goody place that it's free of such unadulterated hate? Answer: It's not.

You make a lot of assumptions about board members.  But I’ll bite. 

The first CM wasn’t bad. Wasn’t great either. For me it was at the top of the bottom half of the MCU. 

As far as an actress, I personally don’t feel she’s “all that”, but certainly not terrible. I will still go see the movie because I’m a superhero fan and that’s what I do. 

All that said, your posts about her/ CM are by far and away the most obnoxious (about this subject) I’ve seen on the boards. You ARE looking for a fight. You say it’s fine to disagree and you will debate but at the same time you have this ability to inherently know where someone’s opinion comes from and your tone suggests the ONLY reason someone would not like Larson/CM is because sexism etc.  There has been minimal discussion about here about CM2 and already you’re saying the boards are filled with “unadulterated hate”.  I specifically choose not to engage your posts (most of the time) because I feel your opinion is more about idealism rather than the actual meat of the subject and there’s really no discussion to be had. 

19 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

You make a lot of assumptions about board members.  But I’ll bite. 

The first CM wasn’t bad. Wasn’t great either. For me it was at the top of the bottom half of the MCU. 

As far as an actress, I personally don’t feel she’s “all that”, but certainly not terrible. I will still go see the movie because I’m a superhero fan and that’s what I do. 

All that said, your posts about her/ CM are by far and away the most obnoxious (about this subject) I’ve seen on the boards. You ARE looking for a fight. You say it’s fine to disagree and you will debate but at the same time you have this ability to inherently know where someone’s opinion comes from and your tone suggests the ONLY reason someone would not like Larson/CM is because sexism etc.  There has been minimal discussion about here about CM2 and already you’re saying the boards are filled with “unadulterated hate”.  I specifically choose not to engage your posts (most of the time) because I feel your opinion is more about idealism rather than the actual meat of the subject and there’s really no discussion to be had. 

I didn't say it's in the CM2 threads, but it has definitely existed in the older Captain Marvel thread, and many times it's with the same people.

45 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I've never said that Captain Marvel is the greatest MCU film ever. I've only said it's maybe my favorite. If someone doesn't like the Captain Marvel movie, that's fine and I'll probably debate that person because that's what you do in a place like this and I mostly do with reason and facts or educated opinions. But I am smart enough to sense an anti-diversity anti-SJW attack on Captain Marvel when I read one and I'm within my rights to debate in the character''s defense as long as I stay within the guidelines, which I admit I've breached a few times and I've been accordingly warned by moderators so I try to moderate it. Are you going to deny that Captain Marvel is free of people who hate the character, the movie, and the actress for political reasons? Because there is a legion of trolls out there with an agenda against the character for just that. The troll bomb of her Rotten Tomatoes score before the movie was even released, the hundred or so YouTube videos attacking the same before the movie was released. The Alita movement, to see Alita multiple times and boycott Captain Marvel, was created by a well known and infamous political person who has no business butting his head into comic book culture other than for anti-diversity reasons. You really think the CGC forum is such a pure and goody goody place that it's free of such unadulterated hate? Answer: It's not.

:roflmao:

34 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Be a fan. Love what you love. But cut the 'DC vs MCU' garbage. And assuming Captain Marvel moviegoers that didn't like the film are sexists or trolls. Heads up - YOU ARE A TROLL WITH THESE TOPICS.

You live in a bizarro world to think that I'm the troll and people who just post lazy Captain SJW or Brie Larson is the worst etc aren't being trolls.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You live in a bizarro world to think that I'm the troll and people who just post lazy Captain SJW or Brie Larson is the worst etc aren't being trolls.

You're creating a straw-man that doesn't exist here on the CGC boards. If you're projecting those personalities on others, then that's on you. That's unhealthy, as Bosco has mentioned many times.

11 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

You're creating a straw-man that doesn't exist here on the CGC boards. If you're projecting those personalities on others, then that's on you. That's unhealthy, as Bosco has mentioned many times.

Um, first, I didn't bring up this whole topic just now, Bosco did, accusing me of doing this and that when I all I did in this thread was post the entire Brie Larson video with a little hyperbole of my love for the character for slight humor. Maybe it's unhealthy that Bosco keeps dwelling on my past clashes.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Um, first, I didn't bring up this whole topic just now, Bosco did, accusing me of doing this and that when I all I did in this thread was post the entire Brie Larson video with a little hyperbole of my love for the character for slight humor. Maybe it's unhealthy that Bosco keeps dwelling on my past clashes.

Bosco literally posted nothing about, "lazy Captain SJW or Brie Larson is the worst", so why did you create a straw-man...?

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe - just maybe - go back and review all the posts lately where someone said they didn't care for Captain Marvel or thought it was just okay. See if you catch any trends of fanatical responses and at times banging the same drum of sexism in their statements.

You may be surprised how you make it the entire board's business. Maybe. And I sure wasn't acting as the police officer to all those posts. You have serious issues with any differing view to Captain Marvel film experiences.

emotion01.gif.6ec33feb34694a28602ab69494a4940e.gif

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Bosco literally posted nothing about, "lazy Captain SJW or Brie Larson is the worst", so why did you create a straw-man...?

Because it's not a straw man. Those types of comments have exist in past CM posts and that's the kind of hate I've reacted to in the past. I don't accuse someone of being a troll just because someone says they didn't like the movie which is what Bosco accused me of doing which isn't true.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Because it's not a straw man. Those types of comments have exist in past CM posts and that's the kind of hate I've reacted to in the past. I don't accuse someone of being a troll just because someone says they didn't like the movie which is what Bosco accused me of doing which isn't true.

It is a straw-man. Show me the posts. :taptaptap:

What you're really doing is projecting your dislike of off-CGC trolls onto those who don't particularly care for Captain Marvel's character and/or the movie. You're making them mutually exclusive in your own mind, when in reality the character and movie are mediocre without having preconceptions. (shrug)

You keep using this straw-man to debate the merits of opposing considerations. That is what Bosco is accurately accusing you of.

17 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Anyway, I'm over this and would rather have constructive Captain Marvel discussions in that other thread unless someone wants to post more unadulturated hate then all bets are off. Okay I'm a fanatic for Captain Marvel. She's the best.

emotion01.gif.ff86afb1f7a4a60e580d600040bd8bc3.gif

Okay.

Guys, keep it civil, please.

There are now two movie threads (one Marvel and one Dc) that I bypass because of all the infighting.

Edited by piper

3 minutes ago, piper said:

There are now two movie threads (one Marvel and one Dc) that I bypass because of all the infighting.

Agreed!

But with WW84 unfortunately that is folks wanting to drive the film further into the ground and then in this one loads of assumptions many are against a Captain Marvel 2 happening. Unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, piper said:

Our friend from Canada has spoken! I'm all for civility. We wouldn't have a country if it wasn't for civility. But I guess we wouldn't have a country if it wasn't for a little unrest here and there, too, I guess...

1370271315_starkpeace.thumb.jpg.20600d01b0a694f7b4d1852b4d9cd8aa.jpg