• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spider-man #70 CGC 9.8 over $200.00?

12 posts in this topic

where can you get 6 thousand for the white variant of USM # 1? I'll be selling mine soon. I can pay for my entire convention circuit for a yaer with that kind of money

Here's six K's... "K, K, K, K, K, K"

now where's my book!

mad.gif

Why is that so rare to get Ultimate Spider-man #70 CGC 9.8? confused.gif

Possibly because it was the first one offered on ebay. Or the mass submitters/ HG subscriptions services like Colossus Comics did not have as many available in that grade come back from their prescreens? confused-smiley-013.gif

Why is that so rare to get Ultimate Spider-man #70 CGC 9.8? confused.gif

Possibly because it was the first one offered on ebay. Or the mass submitters/ HG subscriptions services like Colossus Comics did not have as many available in that grade come back from their prescreens? confused-smiley-013.gif

First thing I did when I read the post was check out Colossus. Either they have not rec'd any back, or they didn't have any USM #70's (or it could be that I jsut couldn't find them). confused-smiley-013.gif

Probably just crappy Marvel cover-stock contributing to lack of true HG copies. Almost impossible to find recent USM's w/out spine stress. confused-smiley-013.gif

linkie please.

This is a current auction:

Current link for CGC 9.8 USM 70

Here is the one Oliver is talking about:

BIN was set at $199 but not sold

The seller description confirms my earlier supposition - "CGC 9.8 ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #70 - THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE 2nd TOUGHEST ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ISSUE TO GET A CGC 9.8 ON, (ONLY SLIGHTLY BEHIND ISSUE 48). WE RECEIVED LESS THAN A DOZEN COPIES BACK FROM CGC GRADED 9.8 OUT OF OVER ONE THOUSAND COPIES WE HAD FOR GRADING. WE LOOKED FOR THIS BOOK AT THE WIZARD SHOW IN LOS ANGELES AND PHILADELPHIA AND STILL FOUND VERY FEW COPIES TO MAKE THE GRADE. AS FAR AS WE CAN TELL, THERE HAVE BEEN VERY FEW OTHER COPIES TO GET A CGC OF 9.8"

For the same reason that Ultimate Spiderman #1 white cover in 9.6 sells for 6k.

$600 maybe but never for $6K ($6,000) for a CGC 9.6 USM 1 white cover variant. Not even a CGC 9.8 of that book has sold for anything more than $2000. And that $600 price tag is probably what you should expect to see a CGC 9.6 selling for at any major show or convention or online dealers' site. Check GPA if you want to verify these figures.

Sheer stupidity.

893naughty-thumb.gif Demand based on available supply and what the sellers have set the market at based on recent past transactions for this book

Well. I collect some of the ULTIMATE titles, and all I can say is 99% of the copies I see (not get) from the LCS have creases like crazy. There are missing issues in my run because I'm not buying 9.0 junk. So, I can relate to what the seller is selling.

Thread was misleading. I was under the impression that the book SOLD for $200. It's halfway there now though....

I have a cgc 9.8 USM #70 - I worked with Allcomixs and checked with Colossus, Ebay, Warehouseauctions and CGC census.

The USM #70 is the 3rd hardest 9.8 to get - the hardest is 48 and 2nd is 74.

As of the last census update, only 13 #48 & 74 had received a 9.8, while 26 #70 had. I know Allcomixs submitted a tremendous amount of comics in order to get their 9.8's. That's why they sell so high. First they are hard to get, and secondly, the folks submitting to CGC have to make some money back so they sell them high.

If you think #70 is expensive, last month a #48 sold in ebay for $367.00.

It has to do with the crappy printing they are doing. Last week only 5 out of about 150 USM #80 were ok. The other 145 looked like they were dropped on the corners and were in awful shape. Just my 2 cents.