• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 11a

81 posts in this topic

Losers Bracket

#15 8.5 Stays in Losers

#21 9.0 Goes to Mega Losers

[embarrasing lack of self control]! I knew I'd regret not putting 'lok a way a couple rounds back... Christo_pull_hair.gif

The really funny thing to me is that in the Round 11 I PM'd CS with a guess of 9.8. Then with the "visible" crease I lowered my grade to 8.5.

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

I guess this is what I get for not having a CGC book or never looking at one for anything longer than a few seconds... confused-smiley-013.gif

I PM'd either 9.4 or 9.6 I don't remember. But I felt the 3" crease should of dictated a 7.5 but I couldn't bring myself to PM a 7.5. The comic looked to good for that. So I settled on 8.5 first time second guessing ever paid off. whooopie acclaim.gif

And I still couldn't knock anybody out. sorry.gif

I PM'd either 9.4 or 9.6 I don't remember. But I felt the 3" crease should of dictated a 7.5 but I couldn't bring myself to PM a 7.5. The comic looked to good for that. So I settled on 8.5 first time second guessing ever paid off. whooopie acclaim.gif

And I still couldn't knock anybody out. sorry.gif

I went with 7.5, after a 9.4. Once again, I'm significantly under CGC's grade. Oh well.

I went with 7.5, after a 9.4. Once again, I'm significantly under CGC's grade. Oh well.

I went from 9.4 to 8.5. Bear in mind, the crease did not break color, so then it's really a BEND in my view.

I recalled a 9.4ish book I submitted that had a slight spinner rack bend... that book came back 9.0.

So, thinking that the bend on the Avengers Annual was slightly worse than the book I submitted, I went down 1/2 grade from 9.0 and arrived at 8.5.

Consistant standards that I reasoned out to a correct ending, or just luck.... confused-smiley-013.gif

I went from 9.4 to 8.5. Bear in mind, the crease did not break color, so then it's really a BEND in my view.

I recalled a 9.4ish book I submitted that had a slight spinner rack bend... that book came back 9.0.

So, thinking that the bend on the Avengers Annual was slightly worse than the book I submitted, I went down 1/2 grade from 9.0 and arrived at 8.5.

Consistant standards that I reasoned out to a correct ending, or just luck.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Good job Zip. If I had to have my run ended, at least I was whipped by one of the regulars! acclaim.gif

Good job Zip. If I had to have my run ended, at least I was whipped by one of the regulars! acclaim.gif

Runs ended? Regular?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

makepoint.gif God forbid you were knocked out by some like me tongue.gif

Well, think about it. How humiliating would it have been to be knocked out by a punk less than half my age!?? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Well, think about it. How humiliating would it have been to be knocked out by a punk less than half my age!?? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yes, it was much more dignified to be knocked out by a punk less than 3/4ths your age.

tongue.gifflowerred.gif

Yes, it was much more dignified to be knocked out by a punk less than 3/4ths your age.

tongue.gifflowerred.gif

insane.gif

originally 9.2 dropped it to 8.5
You %$$#, you knocked me out!!!! Hey anyways congrats, I had it originally at 9.4 and dropped to 9.0

sleeping.gif is that the best you got? I graded the comic with my eyes closed!

Have fun in the super mega loser bracket hi.gif