• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,943 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2024 at 1:38 PM, szav said:

Amazing results on all the big books so far.

Really? I guess it depends on perspective. Most of these big books previously changed hands privately and I think money has been lost on most of them.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:43 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Supes 1 finishing at $2.34 mil. Can't remember if it was heritage or somewhere else, but didn't a 7.0 sell in the last couple years for like $1.5 mil?

I think this exact book sold in 2021 through Comic Connect for a little over $2.6mil

On 1/11/2024 at 11:45 AM, MrBedrock said:

I think this exact book sold in 2021 through Comic Connect for a little over $2.6mil

Aww ok, I swear I thought I remember a 7.0 selling for like $1.5 mil at some point, maybe after that 2.6 mil but I may be thinking of something else.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:46 PM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 1/11/2024 at 1:45 PM, MrBedrock said:

Aww ok, I swear I thought I remember a 7.0 selling for like $1.5 mil at some point, maybe after that 2.6 mil but I may be thinking of something else.

Pretty close after the 7.0 sale it was announced the the 8.0 Church sold for $5.5mil and was subsequently upgraded to 8.5.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:50 AM, comicnoir said:

$1.6 million on Goldin auction.

Ok yeah that's the one! And that sale was mid 2023 so not long ago. Just feel like Goldin wasn't the best venue for that book. I know people will say buyers will come for a book, no matter where. And it could have been due to something else, maybe economy at the time, but I think Goldin was the wrong place.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 1/11/2024 at 1:45 PM, szav said:

Absolutely, results have gone from stupefying down to only amazing, none of these prices is that far off their peak maybe 10-20%.  It means little to me that a few people lost some money they blew at the height of all the mania.  I think the level that these books have maintained is a very good indicator or the general health of the hobby.  Most people probably expected bigger collapses I think.  Almost all predictions on the AS 8 that I saw here were sub 1 mil.

I suppose. But some of the health of the hobby is based on the trickle down spending of these new nose-bleed level collectors. If they are getting hammered then that money goes elsewhere and prices up and down the board will be affected. The particular buyer who consigned these books didn't fare well at all and probably won't be back.

On 1/11/2024 at 2:51 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Ok yeah that's the one! And that sale was mid 2023 so not long ago. Just feel like Goldin wasn't the best venue for that book. I know people will say buyers will come for a book, no matter where. And it could have been due to something else, maybe economy at the time, but I think Goldin was the wrong place.

Anybody who consigns a book like that to a small auction house is out of their mind.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:53 AM, comicnoir said:

Anybody who consigns a book like that to a small auction house is out of their mind.

That's what I'm saying! Made no sense to me. Have to imagine Goldin gave the owner like a ridiculous sweetheart deal on the commish to get the book in the auction. Still wouldn't have been worth it though.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:57 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

The only book that surprised me was the SC4. That seemed like an easy 1.5 mil and up book. Just doesn't get the love it deserves, compared to like AF15.

Isn’t there 2 9.4 copies on the census? If their was a gap at the 9.4 grade level this would have performed much better. 

On 1/11/2024 at 12:05 PM, szav said:

Many consider it the harbinger of the Silver age, although its not exactly a first appearance like AF 15 is.  I'm not sure what it deserves.  Probably not as much as the highest graded Flash comics #1...but definitely way more than the top graded BB28 which didn't happen.  That's a book that's also not really a first appearance or first concept either.  If it wasn't for how well that book did, I wouldn't say the SC4 disappointed.  It's a bit of a headscratcher that both essentially tied, but maybe others understand the importance of BB28 better than I do. 

Your guess is as good as mine. SC4 just means more to me on the scale of mega silver keys.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:08 PM, MrBedrock said:

The Promise Action 136 sold for a profit!

I think the Promise Batman 12 went higher as well.  I was interested in it but not $11,400 interested 

Edited by batman_fan

On 1/11/2024 at 2:53 PM, MrBedrock said:

I suppose. But some of the health of the hobby is based on the trickle down spending of these new nose-bleed level collectors. If they are getting hammered then that money goes elsewhere and prices up and down the board will be affected. The particular buyer who consigned these books didn't fare well at all and probably won't be back.

How long did the "collector" hold the books? 

If the hobby is dependent on people buying and shortly after that flipping for more, I don't think that necessarily makes for long term health.