• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gimmie grade with hair,long beautiful hair ASM 39

22 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I will say 3.5-4.0. Dunno if 4.5 is possible with that stain as it depends how much it bleed into other pages. 

not sure what that is,there is no bleed thru,cleaning and pressing may take it off or almost off

21 hours ago, ben parker said:

after a clean and press I am hoping to be in this range.

If the book won't grade higher than 4.0/4.5, it seems like the cost to clean and press (and slab?) could be better spent buying a different copy and selling this one. I honestly think it looks fine as is though. My 2c !

42 minutes ago, Point Five said:

If the book won't grade higher than 4.0/4.5, it seems like the cost to clean and press (and slab?) could be better spent buying a different copy and selling this one. I honestly think it looks fine as is though. My 2c !

Point taken,I think it has a chance to get to 5 with cleaning and pressing.I have .12 in this book, beyond that it has sentimental value

going back to my youth.It is a first Romita. Press clean and grade will run me about 57 bucks +the 12 cents<I doubt I could get a better one for 57.12

1 hour ago, ben parker said:

not sure what that is,there is no bleed thru,cleaning and pressing may take it off or almost off

Dry cleaning and pressing does not magically remove staining or yellowing or foxing. it only removes dirt and pencil marks but even then not entirely.

2 hours ago, Krishosein said:

Dry cleaning and pressing does not magically remove staining or yellowing or foxing. it only removes dirt and pencil marks but even then not entirely.

^This

If that stain on the corner gets removed completely or even noticeably, I want the number of your cleaner/presser! I still think there is too much spine wear and colour breaking creases near some edges to warrant a 5.0 but hey, I have been wrong before! If you wanna preserve a great ish that you bought off the stands back in the day, I say go for it.

Edited by comicginger1789

4 hours ago, ben parker said:

IMG_3053.thumb.JPG.c47b3fca234907c3e6e06c93b3b5a865.JPGDon't quit your day jobs just yet

did you clean and press? 

was the back a stain or something stuck to the comic?

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

wow much better grade than i would have thought 

Let the Sunshine in !!!

Honestly me too,but the picture of the back has shadows that make it appear worse than it is.

I think some here undercut their ratings for whatever reason.Maybe they want to err on the

side of caution or just want the owner to be surprised to the upside instead of the downside 

when the book comes back.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:35 PM, ben parker said:

Honestly me too,but the picture of the back has shadows that make it appear worse than it is.

I think some here undercut their ratings for whatever reason.Maybe they want to err on the

side of caution or just want the owner to be surprised to the upside instead of the downside 

when the book comes back.

Well, the back cover corner stain looks dramatically better after cleaning... I really can't see it there at all in the new pics. So the worst of the flaws that we saw in June was taken off the table.

The front did have some gentle creasing through Peter Parker's figure and around the edges. Grading the book from the new scans, I would have guessed 5.0 give or take. So 5.5 seems reasonable, perhaps getting a nudge upward for rich inks and gloss.

Glad it worked out for you! (thumbsu