• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30 yrs ago : Batman the Movie

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

I loved the watching Batman at the theatres when it came out.  Funny, a good friend of mine really hated it.  I couldn't believe it.

Your friend probably wanted more "serious Batman" stories like the classics.

c71.gif

1 minute ago, musicmeta said:
5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Your friend probably wanted more "serious Batman" stories like the classics.

c71.gif

That 60's Batman was awesome too!

I would LOVE to have the 60's Batman series re-done Mystery Science Theater style with Ryan Reynold's Deadpool character voiceover for all the characters.

23 hours ago, postersandstuff said:

Just watched it as a double bill with Karate Kid '84 on small cinema screen at my folks......wonderful movie , the atmosphere , the sets , the music......felt bad for Bob even though he was a bad guy

Batman is the reason I got into comics. Watched it in Willits, CA in August of 1989. Directed the course of my entire life.

11 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I loved the watching Batman at the theatres when it came out.  Funny, a good friend of mine really hated it.  I couldn't believe it.  It's the 2nd best Batman movie to me.. Batman Begins is my favorite.

i thought the first one was real boring and fell asleep at the theater

Edited by 1950's war comics

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Batman is the reason I got into comics. Watched it in Willits, CA in August of 1989. Directed the course of my entire life.

Was about to say the same. Batman is the reason I started collecting comics.

And my first issue of Batman off the shelf was # 439. If I recall correctly yours was # 437?

19 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Was about to say the same. Batman is the reason I started collecting comics.

And my first issue of Batman off the shelf was # 439. If I recall correctly yours was # 437?

Same here, although my first comic was Shadow of the Bat #1.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:03 AM, musicmeta said:

I loved the watching Batman at the theatres when it came out.   It's the 2nd best Batman movie to me.. Batman Begins is my favorite.

Was surprised when my buddy told me he watched Batman movie 40 times that summer of 1989. I only saw it once on the big screen and loved the moody soundtrack and gothic backdrops of Gotham city.

Younger generation of collectors than us may have just grown up with sweet memories of :devil: Jar Jar Binks and the Marvel Cinematic Universe of films (starting with Iron Man 1).

On 6/26/2019 at 4:36 PM, NewEnglandGothic said:

Picked up a Blu Ray of Dumbo today and saw that it starred Keaton and was directed by Burton.  That's a rare kind of filmmaker loyalty you see now and then, when he doesn't work with Depp that is. lol 

Going to watch this with my significant other over the week.

Danny Devito(Penguin) is in it as well.

Related image