• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Bone: The Complete Cartoon Epic in One Volume" HARDCOVER?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hello.  I'm not really a collector, as most of my comics were printed and purchased in the 90s...while in art school...and it pretty much ended there.  However I recently acquired a HARDCOVER version of this "Bone" collection, at a garage sale, as I remembered reading a few of these TPs way back when.  I see that they still print this full collection in paperback, but this one is a hardcover, and I cannot find ANYTHING online about this version even existing.  (It is NOT the "Limited Edition" one with the black cover, and the gold edges, and the bookmark ribbon...it's just a HC version of the paperback one.)  It also appears to be from a school's collection, too...and I do recall a failed attempt to try to ban this book from schools at one point, so...maybe it was acquired then?  I really don't know.  My question is basically: Is this maybe a version printed only for schools?  Does anybody have any insight on this?

On 6/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Diz42 said:

...I cannot find ANYTHING online about this version even existing. 

I literally searched amazon and ebay using the words bone, color , and hardcover and found the Amazons listing  (produced by Fantagraphics in 2009 and still in print) and copies for sale/auction on ebay...

Where did you look online?!?!?

10 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I literally searched amazon and ebay using the words bone, color , and hardcover and found the Amazons listing  (produced by Fantagraphics in 2009 and still in print) and copies for sale/auction on ebay...

Where did you look online?!?!?

Same.

OP might be a one-and-done.

Can anyone identify this extremely rare thing that doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen in all my internet research that is so rare that I had to create an account on a comic forum, make an entire thread about it, but cannot be bothered to post a picture of or tell you the publishing date?

On 7/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, revat said:

Can anyone identify this extremely rare thing that doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen in all my internet research that is so rare that I had to create an account on a comic forum, make an entire thread about it, but cannot be bothered to post a picture of or tell you the publishing date?

What-do-you-mean-you-know-exactly-what-it-is-and-it-isn't-rare-because-I-was-expecting-private-messages-offering-me-thousands-of-dollars-for-it-because-it-is-so-rare-that-I-have-a-copy-without-even-really-trying-but-no-one-else-who-is-actually-trying-to-find-it-can-find-it-and-so-they-want-to-give-me-lots-of-money-for-the-only-copy-that-only-I-have-by-accident?

You-guys-are-mean-I-am-leaving-and-taking-my-super-rare-book-with-me-because-other-sites-don't-know-it-isn't-rare-so-I-will-sell-it-there.

I bought the first edition softcover version directly from Jeff Smith at SDCC in 2004. How does this information help this thread at all? It doesn't!