• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw the restroom at Metropolis!

41 posts in this topic

Perhaps the most remarkable area of their office is the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom.

reviewing the books Ed had pulled. I passed on two of them, but ended up with great raw NM copies of Millie the Model 152 and 153 (gorgeous Ogden Whitney covers), and a very nice FF 24 in raw VF after carefully scrutinizing three somewhat similar copies.

-Jim

So ahemm,,did you take those "RAW" Millies in the bathroom too? blush.gif

Jimm:

I'll have a long run of Millie's at the show. it's probably in there somewhere...

Booth 2300.

--Gary

Sounds great, Gary. I will definitely stop by to check them out and to say hello.

Thanks,

-Jim

Perhaps the most remarkable area of their office is the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom.

reviewing the books Ed had pulled. I passed on two of them, but ended up with great raw NM copies of Millie the Model 152 and 153 (gorgeous Ogden Whitney covers), and a very nice FF 24 in raw VF after carefully scrutinizing three somewhat similar copies.

-Jim

So ahemm,,did you take those "RAW" Millies in the bathroom too? blush.gif

I was trying to be funny, but you guys are just gross! tongue.gif

Metro has a showroom that is unfriggin-believiable! My personal favorite is the HOS 92 cover on the back wall behind the table. Regardless of personal preferences, the sheer volume of unbelievable stuff is beyond belief. To complement the original art, let's not forget the comics. I still get a rush from seeing Metro set up at shows with a full row of Batman #1s.

The Metro showroom and the Diamond Galleries are two "must-sees".

The Diamond Galleries was incredible. Just some of the most unbelievable stuff, and even meeting Geppi was just freaking cool to me. I would love to see the Metro galleries sometime... and hopefully it will be a day when I can buy something over there as well that I've been looking for.

The Metro showroom and the Diamond Galleries are two "must-sees".

I was thinking about that the other day. What are the "7 Wonders of the Comic World" (assuming you could gain access to all)?

-Diamond Galleries

-Metro's Bathroom tongue.gif

-The Dentist's House

-The Church House

-Ian's House

confused-smiley-013.gif