• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Hush - 608 - 2nd Varient (Wizard?)

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

PICTURE: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6547984219&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I recently got into comics, about two weeks ago but my friend has been helping me out quite a bit. I've purchased the Batman Hush series with all varients excluding Sketch varient 612, RRP 608, and 608 2nd print. I've bought and payed for the following:

Batman 608-609 double feature

Batman 608 - 2nd Edition - Signed by Jim Lee (W/ Wizard COA sticker)

Batman 612 - Sketch Varient

All, including shipping and insurance for $69.00 US. The seller says he sees them himself as mint, and when he went to his local comic book store they said it would get a 9.4-9.6 approximately. He said the other two are in same condition as this. The comic is sealed, new, never opened and is signed by Jim Lee. OKAY, if that was it I'd be very happy. BUT..The Wizard STICKER of authentification is slapped RIGHT ON the comic, right next to the siggy. The Wizard logo in the bottom right however is on the bag, so that's fine. Anyways, I was wondering about this sticker. I've searched 2 hours and havn't pulled up anything. Does this sticker make the comic more, or less valuable - or the same. I really do not want it on, and I feel kind of bad about purchasing this..He said it was a Wizard special signing. Anyways, I'd really appreciate responses and I'll give away G-Mails to those who help me for free. I know they're easy to come buy but I can't offer much else..Thanks..

PICS: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6547984219&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Kyle

foreheadslap.gif

First off. That book is not hard to find. There a plenty of them floating around. Second, Wizard is a bunch of asss-clowns. That sticker will most definitely hurt the value.

Yeah I know it's easy to find, I was just wondering if what I payed was good for what I got and about the sticker thing. More info on it is appreciated. Thanks.

Stronguy is right these books are cheap and not hard to find. i've got a Batman #608 CGC 9.4 signature Series (Jim Lee) i got for $10.

Books are still nice though. Just not too much value.

Yeh but does it hurt the value? It IS authentification but it's RIGHT on the comic! And did I get a good deal for what I bought? The 612 goes on eBay at minimum $30 US and I saw 608 2nd print, signed go for $200 US (and that wasn't the end of the auction). But that was graded (608).

The cover price of what you bought was around $35 US -- new off the stand. It looks like you paid a pretty steep premimum for fairly common books. Here's what you should do... read them (the story is pretty good, the art is solid), enjoy them, put them away for a few years, read them again, enjoy them again, repeat...

Oh, and yes, the value of the books (IMO) is hurt by having that stupid Wizard sticker on it.

The cover price of what you bought was around $35 US -- new off the stand. It looks like you paid a pretty steep premimum for fairly common books. Here's what you should do... read them (the story is pretty good, the art is solid), enjoy them, put them away for a few years, read them again, enjoy them again, repeat...
893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifcool.gif

I think that the sticker is there to aid in authentication. Since their COA is easily duplicated, the sticker should help in that area. Did you buy the book beacuse you wanted it or because you're going to use it to finance your retirement? If you don't like the looks of it, but a second copy that's not signed, cut out the same shape of the cover and tape it to a bad and put your signed copy in the bag, voila no more sticker.