• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of Superman For Tommorrow 204-215 ALL SIGNED, JIM LEE + Varients?

40 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering how much my set is worth. I have the entire Superman For Tommorrow (204-215), varient covers to 205 and 215 as well, all NM/M (I can't see any flaws..), all signed by Jim Lee at this years San Diego Comic Con. That's a total of 14 comics, I was wondering the value in USD. Also, I payed $150 USD for this, was that a good deal for me? Thanks,

Kyle

That's not a bad price if all of them are CGC 9.8. However, that set minus the signatures goes for about $20 on ebay. Do you think that Jim Lee's signature is worth an additional $130 (650%) premium?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's not a bad price if all of them are CGC 9.8. However, that set minus the signatures goes for about $20 on ebay. Do you think that Jim Lee's signature is worth an additional $130 (650%) premium?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Give me Jim Lee's details. i'll send the hitman out tommorow and i'm sure his signatures will rocket in price stooges.gif

Ok, you lost me. So do you or do you not have the books? The first post says you "payed [sic] $150". If you actually paid $150 for them then how are you going to make money by selling them for $35? Gonna make it up in volume. 27_laughing.gif

Sorry, anyway... if you paid $150 for them you're screwed in trying to recoop your money unless you find someone really clueless.

"paid."

and Jim Lee sigs are like Secret Service Agents...you don't think there are any around, but then BAM they're everywhere

No, honestly I havn't payed or even bought. Guess I won't...

Weird you say 35 cause its on a site for 135 and it keeps going up..

he says $35 because here's a set going for 22 bucks...minus Jim's sig - which actually hurts you if you ever get the books slabbed btw.

perhaps this set here misses some issues but i honestly don't know.

confused-smiley-013.gif

moderns...

I just like having signatures..and how does it hurt the value????WTF?I got all Green Lantern Rebirth signed by Van Sciver. That was like $30 US, came with all varients cept #1 varient 2? I dunno, 10 comics total.

Sigs are personal things. They may be okay for you on your books but there are many people who hate them. If you try to sell them you are cutting your target market waaay down. Most people won't buy signed stuff these days because of all of the forgeries going around. Thus the success of the CGC Signature Series.

Sigs are personal things. They may be okay for you on your books but there are many people who hate them. If you try to sell them you are cutting your target market waaay down. Most people won't buy signed stuff these days because of all of the forgeries going around. Thus the success of the CGC Signature Series.

Exactly. And a sig like Jim Lee's is extremely easy to forge.

Signatures will usually hurt the value, unless you get lucky and sell to another collector who personally values signatures.

You have to go down one of two routes...

(1) Collect signatures simply because they're cool and to hell with the damage to the book.

(2) Go for real high grade (9.6, 9.8) stuff and don't let any 'hot' artist within 10 miles of them with a marker!

It's usually either/or, but rarely both.

Oh, and Welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif

WTF, lol. I did NOT know this..agh. I want a comic con to come to Toronto. And my Green Lantern 1 Alex Ross varient signed by Alex Ross, the sig looks squiggly..it has a COA but it's from the STORE itself. I bought cause they had 100% feedback and a few hundred sales...

If you think the sigs are legit and you're cool with them on the books then everything is fine. However, if you bought those books to try and resell you are never going to get your money back.

Just enjoy what you have... screw trying to flip them. eBay is full of people taking a loss on stuff they thought they could flip.

It's legit, theres tons of picks of Jim Lee in the process of signing and what not. But after hering what you said Stronguy, I guess I won't get them..