• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of Superman For Tommorrow 204-215 ALL SIGNED, JIM LEE + Varients?

40 posts in this topic

If you think the sigs are legit and you're cool with them on the books then everything is fine. However, if you bought those books to try and resell you are never going to get your money back.

I agree. Get the signatures ONLY because YOU like them, not for what you think you'll be able to get for them later if you flip them. You may see signatures as hot-ticket items, but trust me, not everybody sees them that way. I always "pass" on signed issues, especially if someone is expecting a premium just because they're signed.

It's legit, theres tons of picks of Jim Lee in the process of signing and what not.

there are pictures of Jim Lee signing Superman issues but how do you know it is the same book that is being sold to you ? I can take pictures off the internet of Michael Turner, Jim Lee, Todd MacFarlane, insert hot artist du jour name here, sign stacks of their books and tell you they are authentic too foreheadslap.gif

Signatures do not carry any premiums in the general marketplace. You are looking for a target audience so miniscule and the risk of forgery so great that it is not worth the time and cost to try to flip signed issues. don't rely on what they sell for on a dealer's site. I'm guessing you are talking about dynamic forces, or wizard authentic's line or maybe other retailer sites like Jay Company or Graham Crackers who carry or specialize in "exclusive" signed goods. They will always price them high since they may have exclusive rights to certain creator's signatures or work out deals with the creators to do special covers just for their stores.

If you're interested in signed books and may be considering flipping them, then I would suggest the CGC Signature Series line. You have piece of mind that the book was legitimately signed and so does the buyer when you do decide to sell the book.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6548056315&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I could've got it for $100..

But apparently it was a "rip off"..

-_-

You could've bought them from me at cover price and had Jim sign them at a con. Then, you'd know they were legit and you'd get to meet him.

The sigs do look like his though (and more than likely are his). But, as you can see, it's not a hard one to fake either.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...A%3AIT&rd=1

-_-

Hey [embarrasing lack of self control]! If you are going to continue whining about advice people give you when you come begging for it, then you can pizz off. you could have gotten it for $100? That's a load of crahp, newby. I thought it was $150 at the start of this thread? How were you getting it for $100 - was the seller going to pull an auction that had interest on it just for you? Keep dreamin' And if you are too naive to realize that some shady bidding is going on there with the bidding pattern of the winner, then you are hopeless.

Ask yourself this - why would anyone here, whether a collector or seller, go out of their way to help someone reap record profits on a flip, whom they know nothing about, nor has done anything for them ever? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you are going to solicit opinions on comic valuation from board members on topics outside of their proper forum, then turn around and be snide about it, then I'd be glad to see you gone. It seems that you already know it all when it comes to signed comics and making money off them. Why even bother going through your charade on here? All of your posts point to an arrogant abuser of good natured folks, and someone who is out to take advantage of anyone he comes across 893censored-thumb.gif Had you actually had the balls to take the risk on the Jim Lee signed Supes set and plunked down the amount of money ($100? $150? what was it again, dumbarse? get your f'n story straight loser...) you were sure would have been enough to secure it, and flipped it successfully, your next posts would probably have been a thread gloating about how you fleeced some sucker. You have neither couth nor class and I suggest you find some fast if you want to continue posting on here with any expectation of response. My patience is far from thin but your posts have managed to get me to the point of wanting to just put you on ignore. I guess I just have no tolerance for ingrates. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well said, Darth. I feel the same way. It`s gotten to the point that I can tell within a few posts by a newbie, and particularly the newbie`s responses to others` posts, whether they`re for real or a troublemaker. This one is definitely the latter.

I totally agree with Carl. Since I already went off about Joel, I decided to hold back on this one. This guy is a toolbox. End of discussion for me.

-_-

Hey [embarrasing lack of self control]! If you are going to continue whining about advice people give you when you come begging for it, then you can pizz off. you could have gotten it for $100? That's a load of crahp, newby. I thought it was $150 at the start of this thread? How were you getting it for $100 - was the seller going to pull an auction that had interest on it just for you? Keep dreamin' And if you are too naive to realize that some shady bidding is going on there with the bidding pattern of the winner, then you are hopeless.

Ask yourself this - why would anyone here, whether a collector or seller, go out of their way to help someone reap record profits on a flip, whom they know nothing about, nor has done anything for them ever? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you are going to solicit opinions on comic valuation from board members on topics outside of their proper forum, then turn around and be snide about it, then I'd be glad to see you gone. It seems that you already know it all when it comes to signed comics and making money off them. Why even bother going through your charade on here? All of your posts point to an arrogant abuser of good natured folks, and someone who is out to take advantage of anyone he comes across 893censored-thumb.gif Had you actually had the balls to take the risk on the Jim Lee signed Supes set and plunked down the amount of money ($100? $150? what was it again, dumbarse? get your f'n story straight loser...) you were sure would have been enough to secure it, and flipped it successfully, your next posts would probably have been a thread gloating about how you fleeced some sucker. You have neither couth nor class and I suggest you find some fast if you want to continue posting on here with any expectation of response. My patience is far from thin but your posts have managed to get me to the point of wanting to just put you on ignore. I guess I just have no tolerance for ingrates. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well said, Darth. I feel the same way. It`s gotten to the point that I can tell within a few posts by a newbie, and particularly the newbie`s responses to others` posts, whether they`re for real or a troublemaker. This one is definitely the latter.

How did you arrive at that conclusion? confused-smiley-013.gif

Could it have been that, after two weeks of collecting, he knew more about the current market than the assembled ranks of board membership? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

I totally agree with Carl. Since I already went off about Joel, I decided to hold back on this one. This guy is a toolbox. End of discussion for me.

-_-

Carl must have a longer fuse than I do:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=comicgen&Number=885229&page=0&fpart=1

insane.gif

Yep...wanting someone to scan Batman #608 interiors despite having a copy and the Wizard price guide clued me off immediately... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Some people have short attention spans for nonsene things, such as myself. So if you're gonna post nonsense and want somebody to read it, make it short smile.gif

DARTH YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Thank you, thank you it needed to be said. Any of us who have had the misfortune of falling prey to this guy's (Anbukid) post have felt the same way.

Much respect to you Darth.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And on a side note--

hering = hearing

payed = paid

varients = variants

spellcheck = spell check