• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You make good points my friend but I don't see it happening now. Think of KEVIN FEIGE and Marvel like Steve Jobs and Apple between 2001 until Jobs untimely death in 2011.  Marvel is the Apple of the movie business now. Really the only thing that could stop this juggernaut is if somehow  KEVIN FEIGE left Marvel.

I think this phase will tell. I’d they can sell us on this set and continue the upward trend you are probably right.

4 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I think this phase will tell. I’d they can sell us on this set and continue the upward trend you are probably right.

One thing to remember is phase 4 is only going to be 2 years. Marvel Phase 5 will be most likely bringing in the big guns.

Kevin Feige Says They Already Have Phase 5 of the MCU Mapped Out

http://collider.com/mcu-phase-5-plans-kevin-feige/

Speaking to Kevin Feige after the panel, MTV’s Josh Horowitz asked what they have planned out. “We debated what we should announce today,” Feige said. “Should we announce 4 and 5? We’ve planned them out, we’ve got five years down the road and I was like, I think eleven projects in two years is plenty. Having not mentioned anything for two or three years.” He also said that the next Avengersteam will be “very different team than we’ve seen before,” and will include characters we haven’t even met yet.

What’s interesting about the panel on Saturday is what wasn’t announced. There were no announcements for movies that we definitely know are in the pipeline like Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and Spider-Man 3. That’s not to mention Feige’s nod on stage to a Fantastic Four movie, so Phase 5 could be pretty well packed since you could get another six films out of it (including Blade) and still not have another Avengers movie in the mix.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

42 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

One thing to remember is phase 4 is only going to be 2 years. Marvel Phase 5 will be most likely bringing in the big guns.

However, I'd argue that Thor Odinson and, now, Doctor Strange are considered big guns. And isn't that how Marvel did it in Phase Two and Three? They made a couple safe movies like Iron Man and Captain America, then experimented a little with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Kevin Feige Says They Already Have Phase 5 of the MCU Mapped Out

http://collider.com/mcu-phase-5-plans-kevin-feige/

Speaking to Kevin Feige after the panel, MTV’s Josh Horowitz asked what they have planned out. “We debated what we should announce today,” Feige said. “Should we announce 4 and 5? We’ve planned them out, we’ve got five years down the road and I was like, I think eleven projects in two years is plenty. Having not mentioned anything for two or three years.” He also said that the next Avengersteam will be “very different team than we’ve seen before,” and will include characters we haven’t even met yet.

What’s interesting about the panel on Saturday is what wasn’t announced. There were no announcements for movies that we definitely know are in the pipeline like Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and Spider-Man 3. That’s not to mention Feige’s nod on stage to a Fantastic Four movie, so Phase 5 could be pretty well packed since you could get another six films out of it (including Blade) and still not have another Avengers movie in the mix.

This forgets an important mention. Feige also said X-Men was in development.

:foryou:

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

This forgets an important mention. Feige also said X-Men was in development.

Agreed, plus eventually we will get Daredevil, Moon Knight and new Deadpool and Wolverine movies.

I can`t really think of another movie universe franchise like this.

I love DC, Lord of the Rings,Universal Monsters, Star Trek and Star Wars but the Marvel Universe is just on another level.

49 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Agreed, plus eventually we will get Daredevil, Moon Knight and new Deadpool and Wolverine movies.

I can`t really think of another movie universe franchise like this.

I love DC, Lord of the Rings,Universal Monsters, Star Trek and Star Wars but the Marvel Universe is just on another level.

Anybody remember Universal's Dark Universe that crashed and burned faster than Goose and Maverick in a tailspin?

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I knew what you meant. I'm a Creature fan myself.

If only the people in charge of Universal could bring back the Universal Monsters as big players again?

For some reason they can't translate those monsters to new modern audiences.

I would start with Dracula first. He would be the Tony Stark of the new Universal Monster universe.

21 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, it is a parody site I found out. No Iron Man 4 zombie story at this time.

:cry:

Damn...... oh well, one day!

11 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You make good points my friend but I don't see it happening now. Think of KEVIN FEIGE and Marvel like Steve Jobs and Apple between 2001 until Jobs untimely death in 2011.  Marvel is the Apple of the movie business now. Really the only thing that could stop this juggernaut is if somehow  KEVIN FEIGE left Marvel.

I really wish I could bottle your eternal optimism!

8 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

If only the people in charge of Universal could bring back the Universal Monsters as big players again?

For some reason they can't translate those monsters to new modern audiences.

I would start with Dracula first. He would be the Tony Stark of the new Universal Monster universe.

Makes sense with that big house and all that old money. I'm afraid he'd only use his intellect for figuring out better easier ways to get people's blood, though.

It's funny that I always saw some of Stan Lee's super-hero creations as finding their inspiration in old monster or horror movies. Ant-Man was very similar to The Incredible Shrinking Man. Hulk seemed inspired by Frankenstein, Jekyll and Hyde, and those atomic monsters in the desert movies. Spider-Man's link to atomic energy as well. Reed Richards as some mad scientist.

Too bad Hollywood screwed up League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which has a similar theme of a crossover universe with well known characters. Maybe if HBO's Watchmen is a success, they can tackle the League but with less Alan Moore misogynistic rapey stuff.

This next phase is filled with intrigue. Lots of minor or lower level characters getting a chance here. Plus, an animated What If series voiced by all the big guns?! Epic! I am hoping this to be a combo of What If moments from the MCU and maybe a few adaptations of original What If comics. Should be fun.

With the intrigue though, comes much concern. Because this phase features many of the lower characters, the general population might drift away from Marvel. I can guarantee 95% or more do not know who Shang Chi is, or the Eternals. All the more kudos though to be given if Fiege can make them successful. I believe they can. We are at 23 films already, and really only Iron Man 3 stands out as a dud. The rest, while varying from epic and amazing to just decent flicks have at least been that. 

Finally, let me make some not-so-bold predictions for this phase

-Beta Ray Bill comes to fruition! I predict in the Thor flick

- Black Knight will appear! Either in WandaVision or Doctor Strange's flick

- Modok will appear! Likely in Cap/Falcon

-Nightmare is the main Dr Strange villain (along with Mordo)

- WandaVision will be the worst thing from this phase.

- We get to see Fin Fang Foom

22 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

-Beta Ray Bill comes to fruition! I predict in the Thor flick

- Black Knight will appear! Either in WandaVision or Doctor Strange's flick

These two keep coming up in the rumor mill as in the works. To include insiders talking about how interesting the characters are.

5 hours ago, bane said:
Which phase is the MCU going to introduce, Paste-Pot Pete, 3-D Man, Doctor Bong & Asbestos Man?

I'm heavily invested in these books!

I think they have in mind to develop Paste-Pot Pete in the adult film industry. Disney is leaving no stone unturned.