• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Yee Has Some Smokin Books For Sale

12 posts in this topic

Man, that MARVEL MYSTERY is sweet! cloud9.gif

Check the price out, seems to be very reasonable to me.

Not too sure about the reasonableness of the price since he simply states that the book has been restored. As a result, it's actually hard to come up with a fair price without knowing the type and extent of the restoration performed on the book.

Nice books, but no bargains there... aggressive pricing for raw on ebay.

Given that these books usually attract seasons collectors I am alittle surprised at the rather lame descriptions provided for the extent of the restoration on these books. In my mind its stuff like this that makes big dealers look greasy.

Given that these books usually attract seasons collectors I am alittle surprised at the rather lame descriptions provided for the extent of the restoration on these books. In my mind its stuff like this that makes big dealers look greasy.

Yeah, I agree. Why not spell out what the restoration is on the book? All the description says is "some restoration". The lack of details will deter most people from bidding.

The All Winners 1 has at least moderate, and possibly extensive, resto.

You can see large fills and/or color touches all up and down the spine (most visible on the Angel's cape and in the LLC.) The bottom edge and LRC also appear to have large areas of fill and/or inpainting.

For a minute I thought the title of this thread was "Harlee Yee was smoking something when he priced these books."

The Marvel Mystery 9 is overpriced. If you want one put another 1k into it and buy an unrestored copy. At Harlee's price you will die with that book and never make a dime on it when you sell.

And if the restoration on the books was minor, don't you think Harlee would have said so?