• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd Appearance of Amazing Spiderman (CGC)
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I will never own an Amazing Fantasy 15, but I absolutely could own an ASM #1.  My question is, and I am sure it has been asked before but I am having no luck with the search function, assuming that ASM #1 is the 2nd app of Spidey, why doesn't CGC note it on the slab?  He is kind of and important character and that is a key book.   Thanks, and/or thanks for linking a previous topic that answers the question.

AF 15 should be considered a cameo appearance as it is not a full story but merely one of the stories of that issue.

BOOM

26 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

right ! and isn't the guy in AF15 named Peter Parsons or something like that ??

If I remember correctly it was ASM 1 where he was peter palmer or whatever

Perhaps the reason it is not noted is because a first issue that's the second appearance of the title character kind of negates the "first issue" status.

Why put a notation on a book that actually explains why it's not a mega-key.  Some might not consider that a good notation to promote, since it lowers the perceived, not to mention actual, value.

edit: the above comes from the view that many CGC notations are there to promote the book

Edited by Unca Ben
added edit