• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,136 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2023 at 10:48 AM, TupennyConan said:

Dump the MCU for this new FF universe. Recast all Avengers, etc. 100% redo time.  

It worked for Perez, Byrne, Moore, Miller, and others. Sometimes it comes to that. The snow globe doesn't stay shaken. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I call for the MCU to be placed on indefinite hiatus.

In the meantime, tell a more stylish, classic story of Marvel Comics: the Timely Heroes, the 60s Silver Age, Children of the Atom, Kirby crackle & crazy tech everywhere. Leave out the bad stuff like Paste Pot Pete or a flying HULK. 

In many ways, this is what Miller did with his deco, cyberpunk Dark Knight or Tim & Dini did with their deco 1930's Batman or what Time Sale gave us: capture these characters in stylish, exotic worlds; not the 2012 Avengers Battle for the Manhattan of 2012 world. That battle will always be time stamped the real 2012 rather than the timeless, Marvel Comics version of 1962.  

Give us a fully realized version of Marvel's history. Run it out for the next 15 years until you go from a young guy playing LOKI to an old guy playing LOKI, then reboot.  

Disney can always return to the MCU. Or reboot every generation.         

On 11/15/2023 at 9:41 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

No Paste Pot Pete? :pullhair:

Well there goes the love scene.

Given enough time, he'll be the star of DisneyAdult+++. 

On 11/15/2023 at 5:06 PM, Crimebuster said:

There are a few sites reporting that Pedro Pascal has been cast as Reed Richards.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1000765/marvels-fantastic-four-movie-casts-pedro-pascal-reed-richards/

That I would have never predicted, even as a wild guess. It appears to be floating all over now.

On 11/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, Straw-Man said:

have never seen his tv show.  liked him as bad guy in equalizer 2 and as that cool character in the second kingsman.

He is one of the best modern actors right now. 

Try this show out when you have a chance. It`s event TV to me like the Marvel movies once were.

On 11/15/2023 at 5:06 PM, Crimebuster said:

There are a few sites reporting that Pedro Pascal has been cast as Reed Richards.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1000765/marvels-fantastic-four-movie-casts-pedro-pascal-reed-richards/

I don't watch much TV anymore and I didn't know how popular he was until I saw him in something. I even thought he was a great actor but for some reason I just don't enjoy watching him.

This is probably a great choice for the franchise, though. 

He is the top genre actor of the past couple years. A great choice but isn't he too old - too old for his costars, too old to play Reed for the next 15 years?