• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,139 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2023 at 10:20 AM, drotto said:
On 8/5/2023 at 9:20 AM, D84 said:

7uufe6.thumb.jpg.28945ecaadfb260ec7a525bb2be0cf6c.jpg

Expand  

Wonder how burned he feels by Disney because of Star Wars and that is why he does not want it?

I would argue that we were the ones that were burned by having him as the villain. He was a brutal casting choice as Kylo Ren.

Edited by kimik

On 9/1/2023 at 8:35 PM, kimik said:

I would argue that we were the ones that were burned by having him as the villain. He was a brutal casting choice as Kylo Ren.

Using the measure of Episode VII, wherein Ren is supposed to be an immature, yet powerful punk with exploitable insecurities, I thought Driver did very well.  The other two movies are so bad that you can’t really judge anyone’s acting prowess based on them.

Still, he wouldn’t make a good Reed.  I don’t know even why they’re overthinking this so much, Krasinski is perfect.

Edited by mattn792

In an upcoming episode of “The Discourse Podcast,” part of The Playlist’s Podcast Network, host Mike DeAngelo sat down with Matt Shakman, who directs that MCU film. While most of the talk was all about “Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters,” Apple TV+‘s upcoming series that Shakman executive produces and directs the first two episodes of, the director also talked a bit about his future with Marvel and what fans should expect from his “Fantastic Four” film. And while Marvel may be veering away from the creative vision that made “WandaVision,” which Shakman directed, such a big hit, he’s nonethless aware of the responsibility he has to get Marvel’s “first family” right.

But did Shakman ever meet with Marvel about anything other than “Fantastic Four” after the success of “WandaVision”? “No, it’s just about “Fantastic Four,”” confirmed Shakman. “Yeah, I love that comic. I certainly let them know that I love that comic. I think John Watts was on it for a while, and he would have done a fantastic job, but he moved on, and I was thrilled that I was able to jump into the director’s chair on it and take his place.”

As for any casting news for “Fantastic Four,” Shakman couldn’t give anything away, but stressed the importance of chemistry between his ensemble. He also promised there would “be an announcement at some point” whenever the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike resolves. “I’m thrilled that people are as passionate about these characters as I am,” Shakman said about Marvel’s fanbase. “The fact that there is so much debate, I love it. I have been thinking about who should play these characters before I had the job to direct the movie, and I understand why everybody would be thinking in the same way. Chemistry is super important…It’s Marvel’s first family. I have to get it right. I have to get that chemistry right.” As for a casting announcement: “it’s not going to be immediately when the SAG strike has resolved, but we’ll be able to share some news at some point. And I hope people are as excited about this cast as I am.”

Shakman also said Marvel’s recent troubles haven’t affect development on “Fantastic Four” at all. “It hasn’t,” he confirmed. “I mean, we’ve been on our process consistently. I’ve been on the project for a little over a year and working away hard at it the way we’d work on any film at Marvel, and certainly, the way we worked on “WandaVision,” which is starting with, you know, what is the story we want to tell? What is the theme of the story? Why are we telling this story? And just developing then the best possible version of that story, and how do we want to bring these characters to life? So, you know, in terms of outside influence or conversations, it hasn’t really been a factor. It’s always high stakes. You always have to get it right.”

I was hoping Galactus would be a build-up-over-multiple-movies villain like Thanos was.  They're doing great with that with Kang between Loki, Quantumania, and the other content he's scheduled to be in, and Galactus is a much bigger, older, significant, powerful, and more popular villain than  either Thanos or Kang, so I'm holding out hope that's what they do.

However they do him I just hope they do it well...  :wishluck:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 10/24/2023 at 11:37 AM, fantastic_four said:

I was hoping Galactus would be a build-up-over-multiple-movies villain like Thanos was.  They're doing great with that with Kang between Loki, Quantumania, and the other content he's scheduled to be in, and Galactus is a much bigger, older, significant, powerful, and more popular villain than  either Thanos or Kang, so I'm holding out hope that's what they do.

However they do him I just hope they do it well...  :wishluck:

I wouldn't be disappointed if they began to weave the Galactus mythos into the Kang arcs ... the two concepts could easily intersect. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12