• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Business trip to Memphis looking for best overall comic shop

5 posts in this topic

So im heading to memphis tomarrow from st louis. I will not have a lot of time to go to the 3 stores near where im going so here are my options 

901 comics

comics and collectibles

the celler tabletop games and comics

those are closest to the location im going too. i will have 1-2 hours of play time (i know not a lot of time). Id like the store with the best overall selection of comics Ga-Sa-Ba-Ca-modern and tpb.

Any advice would be helpful!

thanks

901 Comics is our go to shop. Tons of back issues. Friendly folks. Believe one of the owners worked with Stan the man at one time. (could be wrong) It's smack in the middle of the city. Big plus,  it's a couple of doors down from a great record shop, Goner Records.

Comics and Collectables is a bigger shop. Back issues are a little better organized. About 15 minutes from 901

Haven't been to the other shop.

I've been lurking on the boards for at least a decade but resigned up to help out. Love this place!

901 and Comics & Collectibles are about the only shops worth visiting.

901 is going to have keys priced above retail, but they'll typically negotiate if you have cash.  C&C will have a huge amount of back issues in varying grade, and they're pretty fair with prices too.  You won't find much key wise unless they got a new collection in very recently.  They haven't called me about a new collection, so they better not have anything good. :sumo: