• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Help the Comic Guys Grade their remaining 29,992 books!!!!

64 posts in this topic

We are currently working on getting content up on the site. It's a long process, we need to catalog over 30,000 books! We do assure you however, that when the site is fully functional, it will be your only stop for your comic book needs.

We pride ourselves on the fact that we are tough graders. So when we say a book is Near Mint...[it means the guys on the CGC Boards said....] it's Near Mint!

Looks like it's gonna' be a looong night, eh guys? foreheadslap.gif

Thanks for stopping by Red Hook.

Sorry if I offended you in anyway by asking members for their opinions.

I guess I was wrong in thinking that this site was an outlet for comic book collectors and dealers to discuss comic books?!?!?

My mistake...

By the way, can you help me with the grading??? wink.gif

Actually, I was going to ask if you wanted to ship them all to me so I could scan them and color adjust them for you.

Seriously, why don't you hang out, get a feel for the place and find out what we're all about before you set up your grading sweat shop? Usually that's how it works.

And welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif

I will be hanging out!!!

I am sorry if I have flooded the boards with posts. I am a NOOB here and I have that giddy feeling confused.gif

I have been out of the "scene" for a long time and I have recently had some of my books sent to me... I feel like that kid again!!!

I will learn the etiquette required for the site... promise grin.gif

Thanks

I actually meant the website crazy.gif

But thanks for letting me know that you are one of "wise ones" here. I may need your help!!!

Sorry... newbie coming out... I forgot to "quote" your reply.

Thanks!!!

I am going to need it seeing as how I have no idea what I am doing in regards to web sites!!! I tried to search that name for books one day and saw it was available... so like a nice ASM, I snatched it up! We'll see what comes of it laugh.gif

Who knows?

We are currently working on getting content up on the site. It's a long process, we need to catalog over 30,000 books! We do assure you however, that when the site is fully functional, it will be your only stop for your comic book needs.

[embarrasing lack of self control], 30000. I have already done 11000 and have around 100000 more. My head is just about to explode. Redhook helped me (forced to do) on 10000 of them, so he is your man smile.gif

Poop on 30,000! I have already done 11,000 and have around 100000 more. My head is just about to explode. Redhook helped me (forced to do) on 10000 of them, so he is your man smile.gif

yeahok.gif Everbody.......is.......a..........comedian. 27_laughing.gif

JG.....you must never ever believe anything CS sez.......he is evil. Evil I say!

Poop on 30,000! I have already done 11,000 and have around 100000 more. My head is just about to explode. Redhook helped me (forced to do) on 10000 of them, so he is your man smile.gif

yeahok.gif Everbody.......is.......a..........comedian. 27_laughing.gif

JG.....you must never ever believe anything CS sez.......he is evil. Evil I say!

Evil, but with good prices on supplies!

Hi Russ flowerred.gif

We pride ourselves on the fact that we are tough graders. So when we say a book is Near Mint...[it means the guys on the CGC Boards said....] it's Near Mint!

Looks like it's gonna' be a looong night, eh guys? foreheadslap.gif

Duped again!!! foreheadslap.giftonofbricks.gif

Hey all...

This is my first post on this site. I have been "out" of the collecting scene for some time. I am now coming back!!! I have an extensive collection of GA, SA and modern books. My main focus was key issues. Now due to financial issues, I am going to be selling them off. I may pick some up along the way as well... I am sure I will get the bug again!

I am in a dillema... I have been away for over 10 years and none of my books are graded. I live on the west coast of Canada and I am going to take the drive down to Oregon to check out the grading company there. I will be bringing 15 of my "high grade" books as a test run. What is the consensus??? Wise choice? Are they coming up in the grading world? I have heard problems about the turn around time and delays at the border if I send them via the mail system. This is why the Florida crew is out for now.

Am I making the right choice???

I have a near complete run of ASM (among others) missing #1 all great grades, Key X-Men, Batman, Avengers, FF, and a whole lot of other goodies!

--------------------

I can fill those holes that you have!!!

EMail with requests...

'Nuff Said

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif