• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So is this any indication of CGC compared to Alien Slabbers

7 posts in this topic

I know this is small potatoes and a single sample but I thought this was interesting from HA's weekly auction that closed yesterday.  I personally avoid CBCS unless it is a book I want badly and can't find it CGCed or raw in comparable grade.  I cross-overed some of my CBCS in the last deal (1/3 of which went down in grade) and my one lone experience with CBCS for slabbing a book was horrible customer service.  

And again small granola with this example - 

Indian Warriors #nn CGC 6.5 ow-w $89 - HA link

Indian Warriors #nn CBCS 8.0 ow-w $55 - HA Link

So CBCS higher grade, same PQ sells for less hm

5 hours ago, telerites said:

I know this is small potatoes and a single sample but I thought this was interesting from HA's weekly auction that closed yesterday.  I personally avoid CBCS unless it is a book I want badly and can't find it CGCed or raw in comparable grade.  I cross-overed some of my CBCS in the last deal (1/3 of which went down in grade) and my one lone experience with CBCS for slabbing a book was horrible customer service.  

And again small granola with this example - 

Indian Warriors #nn CGC 6.5 ow-w $89 - HA link

Indian Warriors #nn CBCS 8.0 ow-w $55 - HA Link

So CBCS higher grade, same PQ sells for less hm

The 6.5 came up two items before the 8.0.  One less bidder makes a difference.  

1 hour ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Think of Klaatu from The Day The Earth Stood Still, ...the original guardian standing in the way of NR & creep engine threats to the Galaxy.  :smirk:

Wonder what kind of premium is levied on off world slabbing?

Heck, you might as well go fer an authenticated Area 51 universal grade ...

Edited by Mr bla bla

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

Wonder what kind of premium is levied on off world slabbing?

Heck, you might as well go fer an authenticated Area 51 universal grade ...

It requires the right sequence of words to establish motivation, ...something on the order of Klaatu Borocka Nikto.  :wink: