• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS on Ebay: HUGE Stephen Platt lot

8 posts in this topic

I remember this clown from the early 90's when people were saying he was the next Mcfarlane,He got noticed on moon knight cause the cover was cool but then he went down hill when he went to Image when Liefeld picked him up,drew Phrophet (or whatever name can't spell it atm) for like 5 or 6 issues and then just kinda dissappeared from the minds of everyone...talk about flavor of the month AKA Stephen went Splat! acclaim.gif

I remember this clown from the early 90's when people were saying he was the next Mcfarlane,He got noticed on moon knight cause the cover was cool but then he went down hill when he went to Image when Liefeld picked him up,drew Phrophet (or whatever name can't spell it atm) for like 5 or 6 issues and then just kinda dissappeared from the minds of everyone...talk about flavor of the month AKA Stephen went Splat! acclaim.gif

Way to pump up the guy's auction... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Although technically, you were bumping it. tongue.gif

I was standing there in line thinking, and thinking about whom he could draw for me. Wolverine? Spidey? Supes? I decided to go with the Big Guy and I told him to draw an extremely sad Jesus. I strongly suggested that he draw it the way he would see it, other than that last requirement. He claimed to have never gotten that request, thought for a few seconds, and then hammered it out. It's fun to watch an artist work and see the picture develop and come together. being a detail freak, the pic was bascially done but he kept adding small lines/marks here and there. Just when I thought he was truly finished he would make another mark. He signed a bunch of my stuff, I took pics, and then left. hail.gif