• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM UXM 3

10 posts in this topic

Interesting.  

TBH I’m thinking (and hoping) higher.  Fwiw it is getting pressed, so I think the waviness on the top of the cover will be gone.  The spine ticks jump off the photo are less noticeable in real life ...

Fingers crossed!  As always appreciate the help.  I’m definitely a better grader from doing this ...

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

If pressing can remove all of the waviness, I can see a 7.0 coming out of it. Getting it CGC'd?

Yup

Sent it off last week.  Definitely my best silver age book. So nice I’m a little concerned it’s been restored...

1 minute ago, RobZe said:

Yup

Sent it off last week.  Definitely my best silver age book. So nice I’m a little concerned it’s been restored...

Idk about that. There are more than a few areas that could've used color touch - if it was gonna be restored at all. And if it was, I'd suspect it's Grade-A quality (easier to remove if that is the case).

I would be optimistic about a 7.0, but don't get down if it's a 6.5 or even a 6.0. It's just CGC's opinion of the condition. If you're not selling, then just be proud of having a very nice comic that is in improved condition, was checked for restoration by professionals, and is in a very nice display case to help protect it.

Check back when you receive it and let us know what label and grade it gets!

All the ones I’m posting this week are getting CGC screened, pressed and slabbed, I’ll post the results on each thread

BTW seller graded it 9.0 ... lol I did not pay a 9.0 price!

I do hope it comes in higher rather than lower, but you’re right, it doesn’t change the book and I think it’s gorgeous.  I love how rich the colors are, for example, the green in the top left logo is such an interesting color, my other books from that era are more faded and it’s really neat to see the color in all its glory

Edited by RobZe

Im actually interested in the nit picking.

I see great color, no wear, glossiness, a couple of tiny spine tics and the aforementioned and hopefully pressable waviness at the top.

TBH I’m 8.5

i don’t get 5.5 at all, but I’m here to learn.  What do you guys see? 

Edited by RobZe