• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree PreCode Horror, Planet, LB Cole and Some Cheap Fun Stuff
4 4

32 posts in this topic

First   :takeit: in the thread or PM gets the book.
No reserving or taking until after I post the scan and price of a comic.
Enticing offers will be accepted.  
An offer to the seller does not put a book on hold.  If someone else takes it at the stated price or makes a better offer before the first offer is accepted then the seller is free to accept the second offer.

Shipping
USA:  USPS Priority Mail insured $18 for one slabbed book and $10 for one raw book.  Save on shipping by purchasing more than one.
International:  I will estimate shipping based on USPS international rates.

Payment
Check or money order is okay but check must clear before shipping.
Paypal is okay for purchases of less than $1k but check with me first for anything above that.
Time payments will be considered.

Limitations
No Probies or Shamers.  Nickelback fans?   :sick:

Returns are allowed on all books but notify me within 72 hours of receipt of your intent to return and ship books back within 1 week of receipt.  Buyer pays for return shipping and books must be in same condition as they were received.

Thanks for looking!

On 7/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, adamstrange said:

Strange Mysteries 10, Bethlehem.  For printing quality, this company should be known as "Inferior" as they competed hard with Charlton to print as cheaply as possible.  Their stories, however, are my favorite among the PCH titles.  This issue features two of their wackiest (and bestest) stories.  The plots are absurd and the drawings crude but somehow the combination works to produce little graphic storytelling masterpieces.

Census:  1 in 9.2, none higher.  This is a very pretty Bethlehm with ow/w pages and is a raw 9.4 for $3500.

StrMys10.jpg

StrMys10bethBk.jpg

StrMys10bethP1.jpg

StrMys10bethP2.jpg

Nice book

Edited by mstrange

30 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Planet 73.  This title came to a sad end but not before producing a couple of their best stories.  And how many covers feature a zombie dinosaur?  The cover artist, Maurice Whitman, supplies his usual damsel in distress on this volcano planet.

Census:  2 in 9.0, 1 in 8.5.  This glossy, flat copy has off-white pages and is a raw 8.5 that is yours for only $2200.

Bill Benulis is one of the least remembered "good" artists because his work appeared within a short span of the 50s and never in a superhero comic.  Joining him in this issue (and similar obscurity) is Johnny Belcastro delivering a high quality EC style performance. 

Planet73fc.jpg

Planet73fcBk.jpg

Planet73p1.jpg

Planet73p2.jpg

Sold per PM.

Edited by adamstrange

Shocking Mystery #55 Spokane Copy.  The most shocking aspect of this copy is how spectacularly red it looks when viewed out of the mylar.  Interior pages are fresh as snow and the defects are of a type to not interfere with the appeal of this comic.  I'm probably asking a record price for this comic but I doubt there is any copy that will ever glow like this one.

Census:  One in 8.5 and one in 6.5.  This raw 8.5 copy with white pages is $2500.

ShockMys55spk.jpg

ShockMys55bk.jpg

Adventures Into the Unknown 9 Northford.  These early ACGs from the first continuing horror title are actually pretty good reading with their 52 pages of original horror stories.  The cover is by Edvard Moritz whose career as cover artist was brief and, so far as I can tell, restricted to AGC.  That's sad as I quite like his work.  This dramatic scene grows more appealing the longer I look at it.

Census:  One in 9.6 (which I also own) and then two in  8.5.  This raw copy is a 9.0 due to tanning at the edges.  Cover inks are nicely reflective as would be expected of a Northford.  Yours for $800.

Note:  There was a thread near the 10cent bubble, that is not a spine stress.  The spine is superb.

AdvIntoUnk9nford.jpg

AdvIntoUnk9nfordbk.jpg

Ship Ahoy #1, Vancouver.  LB Cole provided this WWII battleship cover scene and it certainly looks very bright and pretty in this Vancouver copy, known for the superior preservation of cover colors and interior pages.  The back cover and interior match the patriotic front cover and feature the American military on land, sea and in the air.  

Census: Sole second highest.  This de-slabbed cgc9.2 with ow/w pages is only $800.

CGC Label will be shipped with the comic.

ShipAhoynew.jpg

ShipAhoybcnew.jpg

"Shocking Mystery #55 Spokane Copy.  The most shocking aspect of this copy is how spectacularly red it looks when viewed out of the mylar.  Interior pages are fresh as snow and the defects are of a type to not interfere with the appeal of this comic.  I'm probably asking a record price for this comic but I doubt there is any copy that will ever glow like this one.

Census:  One in 8.5 and one in 6.5.  This raw 8.5 copy with white pages is $2500."

And a beastly good date stamp placement too.

Navy Action 7 removed.  I popped the staple. :tonofbricks:

Edited by adamstrange

That will be enough for tonight.  Thanks to the buyers so far.

I'll wrap things up tomorrow night which will definitely include some inexpensive books.  Beyond that, I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, adamstrange said:

I'll wrap things up tomorrow night which will definitely include some inexpensive books.  Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Define "inexpensive". lol

This thread has some wonderful books in it. At least I could enjoy the window shopping.

6 minutes ago, AJD said:

Define "inexpensive". lol

This thread has some wonderful books in it. At least I could enjoy the window shopping.

$100 or less :gossip: