• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Azkaban's prison has been broken. A little of this, a little of that and a little of the other (Closed)
2 2

367 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, echu said:
56 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

Green Lantern #11 1962 bought this from one of Dale's Christmas threads

Sinestro 

$80.00

IMG_3997.thumb.jpg.a3c4ec12d18789dba3af5e5d587b012f.jpg

IMG_3998.thumb.jpg.e1b43a95fde7bd8ccd2df89f06239c9a.jpg

:takeit:

^^ pick a freebie please @echu

56 minutes ago, BorderlineHoarder said:

I’ll take the FF annual #17....

That’s the first Fantastic Four I ever bought back in the day.  What a great Byrne story!

That is a very cool story.  Any FF fan would enjoy it, I believe.  

Just now, steveinthecity said:

That is a very cool story.  Any FF fan would enjoy it, I believe.  

the story is awesome, I posted it back in the last sale I did I think

This story starts back in FF # 2, where the Fantastic Four defeats four Skrulls that were impersonating them. Reed hypnotises 3 of them into believing that that they’re cows and sends them off to graze in the dairy community of King’s Cross. 
However, the “Skrull cows” get mixed with the normal heard of a local farmer . . . and this is where the story picks up. 
Sharon Selleck’s car breaks down just outside King’s Cross and she is forced to look for assistance in town. However, she realises that there are weird things happening and becomes even more suspicious when it seems as though every excuse is made to prevent her from leaving. 
When she tries to contact her roommate, the line is suddenly cut. She has to sneak out to get to a payphone in order to try and contact the FF, but is only able to leave a message with the robot secretary before she is apprehended by the townsfolk. 
The FF eventually receives her message and realise the significance of her location. Reed develops a cure for the mutation before they leave. Upon arrival at the town, their suspicions are confirmed after a brief investigation. The townspeople turn on them but Reed manages to activate the cure for those in the immediate vicinity. He goes on to spray the entire town and Johnny burns down all the infected crops. 
Since the Skrull cows lacked the capability to lactate, they essentially gave off a milk equivalent composed of Skrull DNA which when mixed with human DNA, caused mutations to occur. This “milk” also infused those who consumed it with Skrull-like tendencies which in the cause of the farming community caused them to become super-efficient farmers rather than world conquerors. 
As Reed reflects on how lucky they are that it happened in a farming community instead of amongst those with war-like tendencies, a supply truck pulls up to a nearby army base filled with vats of infected milk . . . 

The Amazing Spider-Man #268 1985

8.0 - 8.5

$3.00 now $2.00

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4841.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

The Amazing Spider-Man #274 1986

8.5 - 9.0

$3.00 now $2.00

IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

The Amazing Spider-Man #276 1986

8.5 - 9.0

$4.00 now $3.00

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

The Amazing Spider-Man #278 1986

8.0 - 8.5

$3.00 now $2.00

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

The Amazing Spider-Man #277 1986

8.0 - 8.5

$3.00 now $2.00

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

The Amazing Spider-Man #279 1986

2: Silver Sable 

8.0 - 8.5

$3.00 now $2.00

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

Don't know if anyone wants to add a double cover to your collection but here is one.

The Man of Steel #1b 1986

Collector's Edition Chest Variant 
Metallic Silver Ink 

SOLD to @blue808

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

Edited by Azkaban

The Incredible Hulk #321 1986

9.0 - 9.2

$3.00 now $2.00

IMG_4802.jpg