• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A big thanks to everyone...

12 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I would like to thank you all for your opinions and posts. I do apologize if I went a little "overbaord" in the posting department yesterday. As I have stated, it has been a long time (10years+) since I have seen any of my collection and it brought back all kinds of excitement!

This forum looks to be quite promising indeed. I will be a regular poster here and hope that you will not mind the noise!

My collection consists of large runs of Marvel, DC and other (modern) books. My main focus collecting was Spider-Man. I have all of the issues up to 1994 (or so) in great shape. I also have many other key issues in high grades.

My goal is to jump back in to the market with both feet, as both a buyer and a seller. To be honest, more than likely a seller for the first while until my wife realizes this is my thing!!! I don't mind taking requests and would be more than happy to help anyone out. As it stands right now, I am getting bi-weekly shipments of 100 or so of my books. They have been stored at my parents place in Ontario for the last 10 years. If I get requests, I will have those books sent to me in the following weeks shipments.

I would love to have them all here with me in beautiful British Columbia, but I don't have the room or the time to deal with it all at once! As you can see, I spent 9 hours on here yesterday!!! That's just with the first shipment!!! If I had them all the wife would file for divorce wink.gif

Again, thanks to all who responded and keep those opinions coming grin.gif

John G

Well John, I like to hear from all kinds of people, and although you probably posted about 5 too many threads (some here will say I am generous) you seem to be engrossed with comics and that in itself is fun. To me this is all fun. I myself have only submitted one book in this grading forum for peoples input. I probably should post more and I'm not limiting everyone else to just one either. I just felt spacing things out would be better.

To me comics are much more involved than the simple grade one might receive.

For me it's always been the stories and the art and third would be the novelty.

The grade comes in fourth, In My Opinion.

Regards Mica hi.gif

P.S. I probably will want to browse your selection in the near future.

"Despite how much I despise your avatar, I will offer this..

Make sure whoever ships your books is very careful, it doesn't take very much for NM books to become VF or worse. "

One more time for good luck 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW Kingpin....did we mention we despise your avatar? yeahok.gif

I'd have to agree on this one...

Spidey vs. Brittany... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmmm well we know that only one of those is worth holding onto (at least for more than a night or two) devil.gif

"Despite how much I despise your avatar, I will offer this..

Make sure whoever ships your books is very careful, it doesn't take very much for NM books to become VF or worse. "

One more time for good luck 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pride deleted by the_Kingpin sorry.gif