• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this even a comic book anymore?
1 1

47 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I would say yes, this is still a comic book, but it's also a significant piece of history...  

And a big-time round of applause for the grader at CGC that had to correctly enter all those names on the label...  :golfclap:

And the dates to go with them! A couple of more sigs they'll have to either shrink the font to the point where it's not legible or use the back of the label 

12 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

The back of the label is already being used. :gossip:

Yeah my bad...was using the mobile site & didn't see the "over" on the label. Stand corrected (thumbsu

Wonder how they would have squeezed all that info on there using the old label that had the legal disclaimer all over the back? 

32 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Zeck. lol

Relatively small contribution to Spidey...biggest sig.

So this is a case of "my sig is bigger than yours?"  

That 6 issue Kraven the Hunter story was pretty epic  

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah my bad...was using the mobile site & didn't see the "over" on the label. Stand corrected (thumbsu

Wonder how they would have squeezed all that info on there using the old label that had the legal disclaimer all over the back? 

The old label had very limited areas for the art comments and key comments. That's one of the reasons why you see so many old label books with very little information. And as I recall, nothing else could be entered. When the newer labels came out, they expanded those fields immensely. It's part of the "evolution" of CGC...

3 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Impressive. I like the beautiful chaos of the thing. 

Yup.  It's not quite Jackson Pollock drip painting, but, for a signature cover equivalent, close enough. 

Edited by Ken Aldred