• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Last Gasp Comic shop closes Sunday at 6p EST- Last Gasp Discounts on Page 4
3 3

82 posts in this topic

Hi, folks. This is a sales thread in which I will post comics for sale.

This thread will be much more informal than most of mine. I'm relying on photos instead of scans most of the time, and I'm counting on the fact that many of you know me either from previous transactions or just watching me schlepp my books here.

So here are the rules:

1. All prices include shipping. I do not ship comics in envelopes. Most often, I use Gemini mailers and then Region A USPS Priority boxes. I will ship promptly. Outside the US? Contact me first.
2. You may return comics for any reason, but you must reach out to me within 5 calendar days of receiving the comics. Return shipping is at your expense.
3. When I close the thread, I will invoice buyers, at which point payment is expected within 5 days.
4. To the unfortunates on the probation list or in the hall of shame, you're never going to see this statement, but you still can't buy here.
5. You can pay me via PayPal, personal check if we know one another on here, or Zelle.

So I'm going to try a fast and dirty approach once I get started. I will have some bundles, and I'm going to list a lot of things at what I think will be very attractive prices. Can I put lipstick on a pig? Let's find out!

Edited by DavidTheDavid

I've got to go mop up some stuff at work from yesterday, so I'll get back later and hopefully list some bundled stuff.

For now, let's vote on charitable causes that most provoke your will to buy:

1. we want to get a new pet, but not for a few months...this could be pet fund money
  2. I need bifocals, help me see
  3. I'd like to get a basketball goal for the driveway, help me keep my aching back in shape
  4. I will need more marijuana soon, keep me high!
  5. I am way overspent on comics, don't you wish you were too?
  6. I'm home alone for the next week and will eat out a lot, pay for my laziness

Edited by DavidTheDavid

36 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I've got to go mop up some stuff at work from yesterday, so I'll get back later and hopefully list some bundled stuff.

1. we want to get a new pet, but not for a few months...this could be pet fund money
  3. I'd like to get a basketball goal for the driveway, help me keep my aching back in shape

6 for me. 

We definitely need more threads here so I’m glad you are filling the void. (thumbsu

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

48 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Basketball goal?   :makepoint:

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

4. To the unfortunates on the probation list or in the hall of shame, you're never going to see this statement, but you still can't buy here.  

Can I put lipstick on a pig? 

hm

I've enjoyed your schlepping so far.  In particular the views of your hearth and Star Spangled War Stories #102 have been highlights for me. 

:news: SOLD!
Nick Cardy lot, $115 shipped
Aquaman    41    7.5    Cardy cover
Aquaman    49    9    Cardy cover
Aquaman    50    8.5    CGC, Cardy
Aquaman    52    7.5    Cardy cover
Bat Lash, 6.5

The slab is shown under the porch and then in direct outdoor light. The nonslabbed books were photographed indoors.

Spoiler

IMG_20190802_102706.jpg

IMG_20190802_102724.jpg

IMG_20190802_112231.jpg

IMG_20190802_112248.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

So everyone loves my chicken nuggets, except my wife. She's a vegetarian though, so what should I expect? Still, she is my wife, but she won't come near my nuggets. She won't serve them to her friends. She won't put sauce on them.

So for you, I have only these nuggets of wisdom, these gold nuggets, these poor offerings.

3 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Nick Cardy lot, $115 shipped
Aquaman    41    7.5    Cardy cover
Aquaman    49    9    Cardy cover
Aquaman    50    8.5    CGC, Cardy
Aquaman    52    7.5    Cardy cover
Bat Lash, 6.5

The slab is shown under the porch and then in direct outdoor light. The nonslabbed books were photographed indoors.

IMG_20190802_102706.jpg

IMG_20190802_102724.jpg

IMG_20190802_112231.jpg

IMG_20190802_112248.jpg

I'll take it