• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After What I Saw Today, I am Thankful for CGC...

81 posts in this topic

lol If anyone else follows a certain FB group then you know what I am talking about. 

CGC "HAS" missed a defect on a book or overgraded... It has happened and they made it right. 

CGC "HAS" put the wrong label or stickers on the slabs... It has happened and they made it right.

I do not ever recall CGC sending signature series books back to a customer in graded mylars and forgot to encapsulate them in slabs.  KUDOS ! to CGC for always remembering to actually encapsulate the comics.  If only everyone else in the grading industry could say the same. 

Edited by Buzzetta

It was an as they are known BLGC fan page.  The disciples apparently delete any bad posts about BLGC.

Edited by kav

I didn’t see the picture so my response may be invalid. I do know the other company has a raw grading service, that they place in mylite with a sticker grade in bottom right hand corner. Then put a couple of hologram stickers on the back to tamper resist it. No restoration check with the raw grade service. Was that the picture @Buzzetta 🤷🏼‍♂️

20 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I didn’t see the picture so my response may be invalid. I do know the other company has a raw grading service, that they place in mylite with a sticker grade in bottom right hand corner. Then put a couple of hologram stickers on the back to tamper resist it. No restoration check with the raw grade service. Was that the picture @Buzzetta 🤷🏼‍♂️

This just seems wacky to me to even offer this service. 

58 minutes ago, wombat said:

Reminds me of the time I got McDonald's and they forgot the burger. Just the bun and the condiments. 

:facepalm:

That's funny I always thought of you more as a "buns" man...