• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After What I Saw Today, I am Thankful for CGC...

81 posts in this topic

In case you missed it. He never answered my question about the Lone Star box, which was completely out of context with the order.... and within 20 minutes of asking one more time, the thread went poof :whistle:

image.png.289c09ae1076ee33dcbb3d30d9b4bf25.png

Edited by comicwiz

13 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

He deleted it. lol

I was out last night and thought I posted this. 

I caught it when Jessie originally posted the response which made it seem as if he had deleted it as the mod of the group before all the replies.  It was only in the replies where it was suggested that the OP took it down once SB contacted him.  

I will be on and off today.  Before anyone thinks I am pulling a disappearing act... I have a tailgate to start pre cooking for today.  

0B190D50-2543-4678-90C5-C8CB54F3D64D.png

BF44D4EF-D908-46C9-939E-0DA2691C3BF9.jpeg

Last of the screenshots - here for posterity, and to at least give context to some of the exaggerations boasted about. My take: even if the guy had a legitimate gripe, he handled the whole situation like a tool. Period. This could have easily been remedied by contacting the company and straightening it out, and in case there's any confusion on this part, when he was taken to task on the India comment, he then said he would try, and within no time, he deleted the thread. This guy is the female version of Karen who doesn't ask for the manager, but puts everyone on blast from her phone while she's still in the store shopping.

Hey, it's a free country, if you want to sling mud based on his explanation of the events that transpired, go at it.

To me he lost any validity in the way he was going at people asking simple questions.

bs7.jpg

16 hours ago, wombat said:

Reminds me of the time I got McDonald's and they forgot the burger. Just the bun and the condiments. 

:facepalm:

Same thing happened to me at Burger King years ago lol 

17 hours ago, wombat said:

Reminds me of the time I got McDonald's and they forgot the burger. Just the bun and the condiments. 

:facepalm:

didn't you hear that's McDonalds veggie burger.. 

4 hours ago, comicwiz said:

Last of the screenshots - here for posterity, and to at least give context to some of the exaggerations boasted about. My take: even if the guy had a legitimate gripe, he handled the whole situation like a tool. Period. This could have easily been remedied by contacting the company and straightening it out, and in case there's any confusion on this part, when he was taken to task on the India comment, he then said he would try, and within no time, he deleted the thread. This guy is the female version of Karen who doesn't ask for the manager, but puts everyone on blast from her phone while she's still in the store shopping.

Hey, it's a free country, if you want to sling mud based on his explanation of the events that transpired, go at it.

To me he lost any validity in the way he was going at people asking simple questions.

bs7.jpg

The White Lone Star box would not surprise me at all nor does it tank any claims for me.   I have had similar situations with auction houses when it came to packing materials that raised an eyebrow along with a few things that they would be VERY embarrassed to have sent winning bidders. 

To extend the same belief that a grading company would do the same is not a stretch for me. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I am still surprised that people use CBCS when the prices you get for books are noticeably lower than CGC slabs in the same grade. doh!

The fact that people pay for grading raw books is hilarious as well, especially with how lenient CBCS is with some of the books I have seen/acquired in collections.

Edited by kimik