• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM my Marvel Premiere #1

6 posts in this topic

Couple of questions. There appears to be some smudging on the back cover as shown and some light color loss to the right of the "K" on the cover. Does anyone have an opinion on weather the smudges can be cleaned? Also, any idea of the grade on this before and after a cleaning if it is possible? Not sure if this is worth sending in or not. Thank u all in advance!

mp1 (1).jpg

mp1 (2).jpg

mp1 (3).jpg

Edited by Dino-Mutt

yes, I believe these are some type of finger print residue. I have never had a book cleaned and didn't know if this is something that could be removed or reduced. in my mind, I thought cleaning was restoration. Is it possible to get a blue label after a cleaning is performed? 

4 minutes ago, Dino-Mutt said:

yes, I believe these are some type of finger print residue. I have never had a book cleaned and didn't know if this is something that could be removed or reduced. in my mind, I thought cleaning was restoration. Is it possible to get a blue label after a cleaning is performed? 

with dry cleaning you can get a blue label but that typically removes dust and oil and dirt some pencil but if the ink is smeared and colour loss I don't think cleaning will help you,

Yes other types of cleaning such as wet cleaning would be considered resto.