• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comics do I get slabbed?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Just signed up as an elite member. I don't anticipate ever getting tons and tons of books slabbed. Wondering what comics to send in for grading?

Which books from the Silver Age?

Which books from the Bronze Age?

Which books from the Copper Age?

Which books from the past handful of years?

What would you send in?

How is involved in your decision-making?

question is pretty broad.  But it’s generally up to you and your financial and collection preferences.

from the most basic level, you can add up all the costs involved w submitting and compare those with the potentially realizable prices at estimates grades. Then compare against ungraded prices. Factor in time and space and your own ROI preferences and opinion of market conditions, and go to town. Or not.

If you have too many comics but don’t know anything about them, you can google the keys for each age to see which are likely to me more valuable, that’s a good starting place.

other than that, I’d say asking more specific questions will probably net more practically useful answers

good luck

agree with what Revat said depends on why you slabbing what's worth it what do you think the value will be later on etc... 

I would stick with keys probably and start with SA as those keys would probably be the most valuable and the older books so I would want to preserve them as best as I can to prevent further damage accidental, etc..