• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION (He-Man) animated limited series (TBD)

50 posts in this topic

second 5 episodes get pretty out there according to Smith synopsis I read

Spoiler

Skeletor gets the Power!
Adam has his inner crisis as he strives to become He-Man again!

If you have watched the new series, you know that this revival follows Prince Adam and his cohorts in time with the original '80s cartoon. Episode 1 shows the hero transform into He-Man as usual when Skeletor launches an attack to take away Eternia's magic... and it works. The plot changes the land forever and kills He-Man along with Skeletor in the end.

As you can imagine, these deaths left fans stunned, and Masters of the Universe: Revelation spends much of its time afterwards exploring Eternia in the aftermath. By the end of part one, Prince Adam is returned to life following his friends' journey, but all is not restored. The hero is mortally wounded when Skeletor reappears to steal the Sword of Power, and the cliffhanger leaves the villain in power.

Between his death and loss, some fans of He-Man have been left fuming. A group of them have hit up social media to lament the show's removal of He-Man, but Smith says such an idea is laughable.

“I see people online go, ‘Hey man, they’re getting rid of He-Man!'” he told Variety. “Like, you really :censored: think Mattel Television, who hired me and paid me money, wants to do a :censored: ‘Masters of the Universe’ show without He-Man? Grow the :censored: up, man. Like, that blew my mind, bunch of people being like, ‘Oh, I smell it. This is a bait and switch.'”

Even star Chris Wood stood up to defend He-Man's story so far. The actor, who voices Prince Adam and his counterpart, told fans they needed to experience the series entirely before passing judgment.

“Adam’s not dead; he’s very wounded,” he stressed. “If you want to light the whole world on fire, in terms of destroying a fandom, you’d take He-Man out and be like, ‘That’s it, he’s gone, bye!’ Now what they’ve done is they’ve found really interesting ways to turn the dynamics of the show on its head and raise the stakes to a point that the original never saw.”

“I would say keep keep watching, with the biggest wink that an audio-only interview can give. In a world that’s filled with magic and supernatural powers, anything is possible.”

On 7/29/2021 at 1:04 PM, Shadow Images said:

The Kevin Smith that made Clerks would kick the butt of the current Kevin Smith. Never seen someone sellout as much as he has:flipbait:. Maybe they replaced him after the heart attack lol

Still waiting to watch this soon.

But with Kevin Smith, his 'pay per cry' events have diminished the credibility of the early days when he would do this. Now - you can just expect there will be a KS crying video.

Disney01.png.ec4b576756f64e2a11ef16b7db2082cb.png

Disney02.thumb.png.d2033d3082fbd2cd99bb4758ee0c495d.png

Although I'll admit I was crying too after seeing Captain Marvel. But not for any surprise appreciation of the film, nor the Disney Park Bucks. (:

So I watched all 5 episodes.

For me, without the childhood emotional attachment, I had a good time. And even with that finale I am assuming there is no way they would let He-Man be permanently dead.

But maybe when Part 2's episodes are released they will prove me wrong. Then I'll assemble protest signs.

(:

On 7/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

So I watched all 5 episodes.

For me, without the childhood emotional attachment, I had a good time. And even with that finale I am assuming there is no way they would let He-Man be permanently dead.

But maybe when Part 2's episodes are released they will prove me wrong. Then I'll assemble protest signs.

(:

OMG you don't agree with my nerd rage!!! SHAME!!!  

Seriously though I'm glad you liked it.  It just totally wasn't my cup of tea(la).

On 7/30/2021 at 5:02 PM, media_junkie said:

OMG you don't agree with my nerd rage!!! SHAME!!!  

Seriously though I'm glad you liked it.  It just totally wasn't my cup of tea(la).

It happens. Especially if someone has previous experience with content.

Evil-Lyn did it for me with the helmet off. :x

Masters of the Universe: Revelation ended on quite the cliffhanger, with Skeletor running Prince Adam through and gaining the power of Castle Greyskull, and the voice for the enemy of Eternia, Mark Hamill, has spilled the beans that the newest trailer will be landing tomorrow. With producer Kevin Smith at the helm for this second half, and hinting that Adam will be transforming into a "Savage He-Man," during these upcoming episodes, Revelation is looking to throw in several curveballs to fans of Eternia that are returning to see just how powerful Skelegod has become. 

Mark Hamill took to his Official Twitter Account to share the big news that the next trailer for the second half of Masters of the Universe: Revelation would be arriving tomorrow, with the next slate of episodes set to arrive on November 23rd.